TODAY: WED PLEASE CALL to support the bills

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by victoria, May 7, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

This is from Lymerights.org. I just called my federal senators and congressman, none of whom have supported in writing so far... next is Pallone, my congressman's office told me to call him, that is who is most important to "bug"!!!!!

---------------------

URGENT ACTION FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND PROTEST TOMORROW, May 7, 2008

[For state by state links go to: http://www.lymerights.org/html/call-in_campaign.html].

Wednesday, May 7th is a really important day in Lyme history. We hope as many people as possible will be able to show up at the Lyme Protest outside Congressman Pallone's NJ office to publicize how Congress is bowing to IDSA pressure.

FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND: During the hours (11AM-2PM EST) that protesters are outside Congressman Pallone's office in Long Branch, NJ, we are asking that Lyme patients across the country make some very important phone calls of support.

In order to make sure the calls are spread out during protest hours of 11 am - 2 pm ET, we are asking people call at 11 am in their time zone. Set your alarm for 11 am! If you can't call at that time go ahead and call at another time.

Call representatives from your state only that sit on the two health committees.

The Lyme bill is sitting in health committees in both the House & Senate ? they will die shortly if the Chairmen of these committees don't schedule them for a hearing soon. The Chairmen CAN BE SWAYED if enough committee members contact them to request a hearing on the Lyme bill. Click on your state to see which committee members to call.

Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado| Florida | Georgia | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Mississippi Missouri | Nebraska | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina |Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Tennessee | Texas Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Wisconsin | Wyoming

Note: If your state is not listed here that means there are no representatives from your state that sit on either of the health committees. Please click here (link will be available Tuesday night) for other actions you can take if your state is not listed.

Call Congressman Frank Pallone (NJ) 202-225-4671

Chairman of the House Energy & Commerce Health Subcommittee. He has the power to schedule the Lyme bill for a hearing.

Sample Phone Blurb

I'm calling in to join the Lyme protest today - unfortunately I am too sick (or live too far away) to attend but I wanted my voice heard. The Connecticut Attorney General's settlement from last week has shown that patients were right, the IDSA is biased against chronic Lyme. Congressman Pallone needs to be making patients health a priority. He needs to schedule the Lyme bill for a hearing today!

(leave your name, address, contact info)

Call Senator Edward Kennedy (MA) 202-224-4543

Chairman of the Senate Health, Energy, Labor & Pension (HELP) Committee. He has the power to schedule our bill for a hearing.

I just got off the phone with Congressman Pallone's office where there is currently a patient protest being held regarding the Lyme disease bill. The Connecticut Attorney General's settlement from last week has shown that patients were right, the IDSA is biased against chronic Lyme. The Senate must act now. Senator Kennedy needs to make patient health a priority. He needs to schedule the Lyme bill for a hearing in his committee today! (leave your name, address, contact info)

For further bill information www.LymeDiseaseAssociation.org, click on Legislation at top of page or e-mail LDAleg@hvc.rr.com

------------

It doesn't take long. Even a short email to your representatives and to Pallone could make a difference!

all the best,
    Victoria