today's brain fog moment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ephemera, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I think I may have reached another high/low point in my history of brain fog. I tried to pay $80 cash with 2 $40 bills.

I had the money in my hand & after I extended it I got a response like the other person thought I was trying to stiff them or cheat them out of the full amount.

I saw nothing wrong with the bills I had offered & didn't understand what was wrong. I felt like I was thinking & talking in a foreign language, afterall communication is difficult most days.

Of course, there are no $40 US bills, but I didn't know that. I'm sure in my crevasses of my brain I thought I was giving 4 $20s, but I gave 2 $20s instead & didn't recognize them as such.

It wasn't until the light finally went on in my brain that I was caught off guard, yet again.

Fortunately, I wasn't doing my taxes today! Hah. LOL

I hate when this happens. Lately I've been thinking that my identity has been taken away rather than just lost... what I used to do without a second thought, what I once looked forward to, etc. We surely have been the victims of identify theft. Bummer...
  2. captainbws

captainbws New Member

Ephemera, I know what you mean. CFS for 9 yrs! Right now I'm having trouble getting out of this hotel room. One door leads to a closet, another to the bathroom, and the last door has a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on it.....Hugs, Tim
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

boy can I relate! I can't even use an ATM or Debit card without lots of confusion. I'm never sure which way to swipe or insert the card, then I forget to enter yes or no or ok, etc. Its terribly embarrassing.

And I'm in charge of all the bookkeeping at home, LOL!

Ah, the kinks of neuro dysfunction, such fun...we gotta laugh!1

Hugs,
    findmind
  4. jole

jole Member

We should write a book!! It would be a best seller and we'd all have an income!!!!!! (Of course no one would be able to understand it but us:()
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

I did this type of thing so often, I finally resorted to handing the cashier some bills and hoping I would get the right change back (or be told I needed more).

Eegads!

Oh, and getting out of a room. When I was still trying to work, I simply could not figure out how to get out of my office. The door was closed. I kind of knew somehow the door was involved in getting out. What totally baffled me was the doorknob. I had no idea what it was or what it did!
  6. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

to the person taking my money to be sure and see if that is right. Some days they say yes and other times, they look at me like they looked at you and say no, this isnt right. Thats when it gets hard. Trying to figure out(through the brain fog), what do I need to give them now!!

Just remember, it happens to all of us and it happens to regular people too. Hang in there!! Suzette
  7. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Don't feel bad it sounded perfectly logical to me and I didn't even understand what the problem was until you explained!

Glad I don't hae to go anywhere today I might not find my way back home!

Shar
  8. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I lost the same papers on my desk at work today 3 times. I should be fired!!!!
  9. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

I agree with Shar6710...I kept trying to figure out what was wrong...after all two $40's equals 80 dollars...it wasn't until I read more that I understood. I know it probably wasn't funny at the time but I can so relate. I am always saying or doing something stupid. I scares me when I can't think...one day I was asked my age and I said hundred and thiry-six...the person looked at me and asked again, I knew I wasn't saying it right but I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong....finally I realized what I was saying...at that time I was 36. Needless to say I tried to cover for myself and I told the person I thought they wanted to know my weight. I was so shook up after that incident. That was a big time fog moment!
  10. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Thank you all so much for your humor & support.

Let's all go out to dinner. And let's bring along someone who can count, divide & total up the bill & the tip. Kind of like a designated payer.

that way we can all enjoy the dining experience without the stress of higher math.

best thoughts to all!
  11. suzannekart

suzannekart New Member

I did not even notice a problem untill I reread it 3 yup 3 times. My husband just does not understand that with fm a real creative flow is just under the fog. That's how I explain it and I will not change a word!! and oh my gosh I thought I was the only person who could get lost in one room just because it had more than one door. Sometimes I forget how to get to my house or totally forget where I am going. I simply tell myself it is because I am so very creative and superior that I cannot be troubled by such everyday issues that MOST people need to think about. Hey, Sounds good to me and I will stick to it no matter what. Signed, Just Too Special, Suzanne