Today's Doctor Appointment... Fustration!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Nov 14, 2005.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Well I went back for my usual 2 week visit to my PCP as I can't get into the Rhmy until Dec. 5th GRRRRR..... He has decided that he wants to keep me on the Lexapro 10mg a day and the Xanax 1 mg at bedtime for another 2 weeks. I asked if I could get a sleep med and he said "let's give this a few more weeks to see if there is any improvment before we try something else." I'm fine with that but from what I have read online after 1 month of Lexapro I should be seeing some results shouldn't I?? I'm getting fustrated.. If I sleep 3 hours at a shot before waking up it's a great night. Usually it's around 1-2 hours at the most. Falling asleep for me is a breeze but staying asleep forget it.... As I thought, even though he said I probally have Fibro he know said I was hoping it was depression and that's why I put you on the meds.

I've been feeling like this since March of this year and he just started last month on meds.... I feel completely lost and don't know what to do. Just getting really fustrated and now I have a splitting headache!!! I woke up today feeling horrible and this isn't helping..

Any advice?

Thanks for letting me rant!
  2. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Maybe he should up the Lexapro dosage? I was on 10 mg and it wasn't even touching it. I've been switched to Cymbalta.

meow
  3. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

1) Could you get him to change the xanax to 1 mg klonopin? They are from the same family, I believe, so it shouldn't be totally out of line. It should help you sleep better than the xanax.

2) I take a ton of meds, but I still take either tylenol pm or simply sleep which is made by tylenol. Both are available over the counter and to save $$ you can buy the store brand which is usually right next to them. I rarely take the tylenol pm, only if I have a headache or a cold, the rest of the time I take the simply sleep.

Good luck, hopefully you will have a proactive rheumy who will get you going right away.

Good luck, I know it is frustrating, hang on, do a lot of reading before you go to the rheumy so you can be prepared. Take a little note pad so you can go over the things that matter most to you.

Lisa
  4. cczub

cczub New Member

Been taking notes daily on how I feel, where the pain is and the severity of it for the past 2 weeks. Also try to note how much sleep I'm getting. I try to stay away from tylenol since it's processed by the liver and my liver function had been high when taking tylenol based drugs. Will look in the drugstore for sleep aids without the aceteminiphan.

Thanks for the responses!