Today's Scripture

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by deecrossett, Jun 4, 2002.

1. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and
    the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is Yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; You are exalted as head over all.
    --1 Chronicles 29:11
    New International Version

MY PRAYER...
    Great and Gracious God, without comparison, You are truly worthy of my best words, thoughts and imaginings. I worship and submit to You, rejoice that You are who You are, celebrate what You have done, and long for what You are yet to do. You are truly magnificent, my Father and my God. Through Jesus, I praise you. Amen.

2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Jacob 4:7....Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things. 4:8..Behold, great and marvelous are the works of the Lord......4:9 For behold by the power of his word man came upon the face of the earth which was created by the power of His word.......Book of Mormon.

Dear Sister. It has been a spell since I have come here as I used to; I have had a hard time getting myself back to "normal" after the Lord called "Monkey-Dog" home. Like many I am a single sister and had a close, loving relationship with this special little gal, called Home sooner than I would have wanted...nevertheless it must have been time. Love Cactus'
  3. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

"Lil, I praise the Lord that you have found your way back here. I am deeply sorry for your loss. I am one of those animal people and know what kind of relationships you have with your furry family. The Lord obviously needed Monkey Dog, as she was called Home. After my Mother died, her dog Oscar, became ill and had to be put down. I had pain in having to do this, but I concluded that Oscar was called up to be with my Mother, as he was so very special to her. I know you will see Monkey Dog again and then you can rejoice, for the Lord has brought you two together again. Blessings, Deena
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I can only imagine how hard it must have been to reach the decision for Oscar, then actually having him euthanized. That is courage.
    Yes, everything about "Monkey" was unique. She was in poor condition when she "jumped in my truck". The moment I laid eyes on this just past a puppy-stage, a juvie I guess would best describe it, I knew she was special. It never crossed my mind that I soon would have her cross.
    We are still trying to calculate how long we had her...she went with us for sure New Year's 2000 as we took her with us and a couple of our other poodles, to usher the NewYear in at the Gulf. We have pics of her and William running up and down the dunes at midnight. This precious dog was truly a "nut". Never a dull moment and never was she aggressive..(she will be a unique addition to my "this year project" of living with my poodles allowing them to behave (for the most part) in a pack. I am writing of their lifestyle and the interactions between them i.e. alpha, omega and those in between...my 52-week project. Anyway "Monkey", Georgette, has a special chapter in the pack of poodles! Thank you so for remembering her. I still get misty-eyed as I miss her but she is not really gone, just crossed into another place where I will indeed once more see and love her. CactusLil'