Today's Scripture

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by deecrossett, Jun 27, 2002.

1. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy
    laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you,
    and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:
    and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I am on half-strength today to reply properly; just wanted you to know I do read your scripture posts. CactusLil'

(stealing a moment to comment upon the last line) I often have had folk say they couldn't take on whatever because they would be unequally yoked. Sometimes that is valid but in this verse it is clear that the yoke does not have to equal itself. Sometimes, as in accepting the help of our Savior, we forget we are unequally yoked yet we take the help offered. I know I need to sit down and ponder on this as often in my own life I have not accepted the challenge by man to be unequally yoked or the other way around.

Is the principal in this verse applicable to man and how is that manifested. My gent. friend and I have been over this time and time again...he feels we are not equally yoked and therefore a relationship cannot progress until such time as we are equally yoked ie. what is ideal in a marriage. What are your thoughts? CactusLil'