Today's Scripture

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by deecrossett, Jun 30, 2002.

1. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your
    love, O Lord, endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands.
    --Psalm 138:8
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can see the works of Satan around this site lately, and this is a wonderful Scripture to apply to all here.

Again, you are lead to apply the Scripture needed for each occasion.

Deena, thank you again.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Shirl, I don't pick these Scriptures. The words "pop out" as I read them. In essence, they are chosen for me and you. We have the same type of thing happen in our church. On the occasions that I am Elder for the day, what I choose to read or say for Communion or the Offering somehow coincides with the Sermon, totally unintentional. We do not discuss the week's teachings before Service what-so-ever. It was written on the Chit Chat board of experiences of what is considered out of the norm, (eg. near death experiences),I don't know if this applies. I just know that I am drawn to these Scriptures before I read anything on the Boards for the day, unknown what is happening, etc. I do thank you for reading them, though. As you said in your post to Robin, we are in need of all we can get. Blessings, Deena
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Deena, you let the Spirit lead, thats why the Scriptures always fit the situation.

I had a pastor once that would prepare his sermons, pray over them, search out the Scriptures for the whole week.

Then he would get up on that pulpit on Sunday morning, and preach something entirely different than he had prepared.

I was his secretary, and would type his notes for the sermon, and at times I would be amazed at all the work he did in his preparation, then not even come close to the subject!

He would tell me, 'well when the Spirit takes over, thats what I preach'. He always felt that 'someone' that morning needed what the Lord supplied.

Thanks again.

Shalom, Shirl

5. LBinCA

LBinCA New Member

Thanks to you Deena, that scripture was so perfect today. I wanted to let you know I look forward to seeing where the Lord leads you, knowing if I dont have the strength, He makes you the instrument!

I agree with you, Shirl, Satan is running amuck and we need to pray continually for grace and His blessings as folks work out their issues. I pray tonight for the Lord to fulfill His purpose here on this Board, bind this family together as it should be, and open hearts and minds to the joy and beauty of His Love....In His Name, Amen

Love and Light,

LoriB
  6. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I want to thank you too, Deena, for the Scriptures you give us each day. I don't always respond like I'd like to, but please know that I read them every day.

"Greater is He that is in me, than He that is in the world."
    Satan is a deceiver and the Father of lies.

Praise God for His faithfulness to fulfill His purpose in each of our lives. I pray for those who do not know Him.

It is so neat to see how the Lord brings Scripture to mind or feel the need to pray for someone when later you find out it is just what was needed. I have had that happen so many times in my life and have seen it happen when my husband preaches. It is indeed the Holy Spirit at work.

Love,
    Gail