Today's Scripture

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by deecrossett, Jul 12, 2002.

1. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." (v.24)

-- For reading & meditation: Proverbs 16:21-33

PRAYER:
    Dear Lord, I ask once more, help me to hold my tongue when I should and to speak when I should. I see so clearly that my tongue can have sourness or sweetness, but it cannot have both at the same time. Give me the wisdom of a right way with words. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

[This Message was Edited on 07/12/2002]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To your prayer Deena, we all need this so very much.

I was thinking of the Scripture that says' blessings and cursing', was it James?

Thank you again,

God Bless,
    Shalom! Shirl
  3. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hey Shirl, It was indeed in James 3:8-10. " But our tongues get out of control. They are restless and evil, and always spreading deadly poison. 9- My dear friends, with our tongues we speak both praises and curses. 10- We praise our Lord and Father and we curse people who were created to be like God, and this isn't right." I believe this applies to what has been happening on the Board lately.

But, Deuteronomy 30:1 says, " When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come upon you and you take them to heart wherever the Lord your God disperses you among the nations." I would rather call attention to this one, for it implies that even though we have been blessed and given cursings such as these diseases at the same time, we are still children of our Lord and the blessings he has given us overpowers the cursings because of the goodness He has placed there in our hearts. Our hearts should be filled with the love of our Savior and not blackened by poisons that Satan encourages to grow.

Boy, you brought out alot in me this time. Thank you for reminding me that I have been blessed. I will go now and have a great evening. I hope you can do the same. Deena
  4. chinassa

chinassa New Member

The tongue is like a two edge sword comes to my mind.I can't think of where it is in the bible,i think it is new test however.
    I love reading the posts here.
    God Bless.