Today's Scripture

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by deecrossett, Jul 14, 2002.

1. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

By the grace given me I say to everyone of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

--Romans 12:3
    New International Version
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Taken from: 'The New Testament' An expanded Transleation, by Kenneth S. Wuest, page 373; Romans 12;3,4,5,:

vs.3 For I am saying through the grace which is given me, to everyone who is among you, not to be thinking more highly of himself, above that which the necessities in the nature of the case impose upon him to be thinking, but to be thinking with a view to a sensible appraisal of himself according as to each one God divided a measure of faith.

vs.4. For even as in one body we have many members do not have the same function,

vs.5.thus we, the many, are one body in Christ, and members severally one of another.

Deena, it has been many years since I have used this great teacher of New Testament Greek's books(all my volumns by by Wuest are in tatters by constant use when I was teaching), but you brought it back to me in an instant when I read your Scripture of the day! If you are not familiar with him, he was a Professor of Greek at the Moody Bible Institute.

He was doing an expanded translation on the Old Testment when he 'went home to be with the Lord', and only portions are now available on the Hebrew. It broke my heart!

As always, thank you and God bless!

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 07/14/2002]