Today's Scripture

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by deecrossett, Nov 12, 2002.

1. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

"Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 3:13-14, NASB)

Prayer
    Lord, thank You for helping when we are weak and discouraged. Help us to remember that our struggles are a part of a life-long process of growth. May we never lose sight of Jesus Christ and the Home that He has prepared for us. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
  2. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Dear Deena,
    Thanks for the scripture. I can't find that passage in
    my Bible. Is that the correct book, or #'s.

I want to read a little more of this passage. Please
    help me find it.

LadyDi
  3. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi Lady Di, that is the correct book and verses. There are different versions of the Bible available; for example, this is the NASB version, where as the King James version reads:

"Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," .

Also, my favorite version is the CEV (Contemporary English Version), it is so much easier for my Fibro-fogged brain to understand.

It doesn't matter what version you read, does it? Just as long as you are reading to get closer to the Lord.

God bless,
    Deena