Todays the DayMIKIE,Prickles,CockatooMom ,Anne Cromwell and all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Aug 28, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

todays my day for results .I could use your prayers .

Its sad when we are more afraid of no results then even any bad results.No one wants to be sick but its so hard to deal with health problems no one has an ansewer to.

I have felt so much better sence being in the hospital. I have lost about 10 inchs of swelling around my stomach area.No more throwing up now. Even that sick flu achie feeling is gone on some days.So I figure they should know something if they helped me right?

Anyhow my apointment is at 12 I feel like a little kid knowing this could be news that can change my life maybe I'll get well now.I think I can handle anything as long as its moving forward to better understand how I can help myself get better.

maybe these are big hopes and it could be like all the other appointments .These doctors seem different or I hope they are.They helped my pain so maybe they can help my health questions to.

Its a weird feeling I'm not scared at all even about maybe getting bad news .I have turn it over to God and I am in His Hands ,good bad or what ever, Together with God doesn't sound like a bad start to a plan for my future.I've lived my life always close to God and today is just another day I can confirm this.

I want so bad to get healthy enough that I can do some type of awareness for Our Illness. I am thinking about going back to public speaking if I go into remission from my CFS.I have done alot of that about other things .

I am thinking about putting together all the information and knowledge I have personally about these DD and start sending out some letters to see if I can talk to groups at clubs or churches.If I do that I would love for you all to know who I really am .No One special or famious just another face with this DD.But someone God has given alot of friends around the country so I will have a base to get started with net working the information.

And if I am not well enought to do this I may just do it all on the computer from my home.But I am ,in the future going to do more for all of us on the topic of awareness.

Prickels my dear you have inspired me! I have soooooo missed the days when I would have the pleasure of talking publicly about something I had a passion for.I love hearing the things you and others do on your own time and for our cause.

Being a retired Military wife I have many friends across this nation and I think if I start a reachout for awareness I'll have many willing to help .I just need to put together things from our point of view as the people who have this DD.Many of you can help me with thouhts and ideas that should be put in a packet .I will also contact other means of research and study about FM/CFS to keep things informative and professional.

I didn't mean to get on the soap box here .Sorry this is so long .I really just wanted to ask for your prayers about my appointment for today.I'll write more when I get Home.Thank you all so much for being there!

2. ckball

ckball New Member

Just a quick hello as I too am getting my long awaited test for lyme results today at 12:30. So I have to get ready

I'll say a prayer for both of us.Hopefully God will answer our prayers today. I wish you the best- Carla
  3. webintrig

webintrig New Member

and I have such a good feeling that you both will get answers and get to feeling better. This must be the week for news as I am waiting on news from my tests as well and I to have this same postive outlook for myself as well. Let us know as soon as you can. We are here for you!

Hugs,
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It is just about that time now and my thoughts are with you. Please post as soon as you get back will you?

I know about tests.

Those in UK will be surprised to hear our local mammo center gives the results on the spot as I know you often wait for weeks, and there is no need really. I got my thyroid results as they were doing the biopsies in the same room.

Prayers and lots of white light to you.

Love Anne C
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Prayers for you too. Let us know will you? Are you getting Igenex? Or other lab.

Much love and light.

Anne C
  6. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I know exactly how you are feeling. I had blood work 22 vials, Tues. and am awaiting the results. So scared that everything will be normal!!!!

Good luck to you and let us know how everything goes.

love,
    Andrea
  7. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Good luck! My prayers are with you. Please let us know what happens.

Hugs,
    Terry
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'll be keeping a good thought as I am awaiting your test

results from you.

Best wishes,
    MRDAD
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just keep believing that you are healing, regardless of the results. All my treatments have been stabs in the dark because so little is known about our illnesses. Even with that, I've made progress. It's slow progress but it's progress. You will find answers and healing.

Love, Mikie
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I went in only to have my doctor step into the room where they were taking my weight and BP and say I can not see you I have to go give a talk in a meeting.

need I say the aid looked at me and said my BP was going up high.I told her probably because the doctor just informed me his speech was more important then me right now. I know he heard what I said and stepped back into the room to tell me another doctor would be seeing me.

I saw a resadent but he seemed very concerned and willing to here me out and go over my test.Here is his list

The major problem is to much acid in my stomach

major depression recurrent with psychotic features
    Dyspepsia-acid in stomach
    female pelvic pain- appointment for sonagram
    mammary duct ectasia- enlarged mike ducts in breast
    chronic pain syndrome- FM/CFS
    xerosis cutis-dry skin
    impaired fasting glucose - type 2 diabetic
    allergic rhinitis-allergy
    Hyperlipidemia-high cholestrol
    Hypothyroidism- I'm not sure why they put this
    Osteoarthritis Knee-because my Knees were so swollen and very hot, they looked deformed when I was in the hospital.
    Dysthymic disorder- a big name for my mental disorder
    schatzki's ring -a thick band growing around my esophoagus

He gave me a perscription for the acid in my stomach and said if I am no better within 6 weeks to make an apt and come back to get more testing done.

so I guess it was all stomach acid that made me so sick.If the meds do not make me feel better then its back to more testing.The Doctor was very polite and I do feel is willing to help me find the cause with the futher testing so hopefully they will help if I do not get Better.Thats all I can ask for .

I'm not sure how I feel about this but if the med works and I get better then Thank God - Like always with all of us time will tell.

You others that signed on that are having testing your are in my prayers let us know what happens

11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I wonder what acid med you were given. They literally saved my life but I am slowly now after many years weaning off them and I am down to only 10mg Prilosec, which is the only one(for me) that does not give me diareah or wait for it-arthralgias/dizziness.

Take the dose for a couple of weeks and see how it goes for you. I am concerned still about the duct problem and also what about the other dx's there, were they positive results, like do you have type two diabetes? Hypothyroidism or did they just check for that.

Gee I hope you are geting treated for everything.

You may want to schedule an upper endoscopy as I had terrible pains in my right side mid section and lower abdomen and even though it had only been two years since my last endo, when they went and looked I had 5 stomach polyps of three different types that they removed. Now they say they are harmless and painless but my pain cleared up when they were removed so they were surely giving me pain.

Thank goodness you got the results and all those fears re "c" are out of the way.

All you others who are waiting for results do post and let us know and good luck.

Love Anne
  12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Well I'm glad you eventually got some satisfaction from

your Doctor's visit. Sounds as if you have similar pro-

blems to mine. They p[ut that small camera dowm my

throat but didn't find any problems. Ask him how small

a camera it is that they use on the experimental mice??

Anyway, they put me on a very expensive med that Pract-

-ically shuts dowm production of stomach acid. After

a while I fealt that the results didn't warrant the

price of he Drug (although I wasn't paying for it) and

had him Prescribe a less expensive "Tagament" type called

Famotidine 20 mg 2x a day. Isn't any less effective and

a lot less expensive for "someone".

Keep us Posted on how you are feeling, OK?
    MRDAD
  13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

they put me on aciphex two twice a day

I did have an upper egd when I was in the hospital thats when they found the band.

future test are pH test for the acid and he did not say what else.

Something interesting is he ask if I have ever had Blood Transfutions.He is the first Doctor in about 15 years that has ask me that.He also commited a little about FM/CFS nothing really but acknowlegeing them and that our pain seems to be worse with that.

it might just be my hope but I really had kind of a since that they are taking me serious for a change .Or maybe I just got lucky and got a doctor with good bedside manner for a change.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad you got to see a doc. Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  15. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

WOW! What a list.

Sounds like you may have found a good medical team. I'm glad they gave you a script for stomach acid. I pray it works for you.

The band around the esophagus...is there anything that can be done for that? Will it cause you more problems in the future? Does it bother you now?

Well Sweetie, just keep hanging in there and keep us posted.

As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
    E

16. carebelle

carebelle New Member

they said the band can be streached Im not sure if it is part of any problem I guess Ill know in the future
  17. ckball

ckball New Member

I am glad you finally got a answer to your stomach problems. The meds should help. I have to take them too. I use to take Prilosec but ins stopped paying for it so now I take the Equate (Walmart) acid controller. Works just as well and much cheaper.

I certainly hope you have got their attention and will get the treatment you need.

My lyme was neg so it was a good day for me.

I send you prayers and good wishes -take care-Carla
  18. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

MME Curie gave me a real money saver in that one can actually halve time release pills(like prilosec) The half pill actually works better for me than the whole. My insurance will actually pay for the OTC ones for me as even the generic are more expensive now. How is equate? Is it the same make up?

Carebelle. I find that the esphageol sphincter does beter anyway after the Upper endo so that may have helped a little. It was the Aciphex that upset my bowels but my brother likes it. If it doesn't work switch to another type.

Love Anne

Love Anne
  19. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

I
    hope the med's help and that you feel better.I noticed you live in virginia could you tell me a little about richmond if anything. my husband and i are moving up there and i was wondering if i'm going to have a hard time finding a doc that treat's fibro , i have been on hydro pain med's for a year in a half.Kinda scary wondering what is going to happen .And the weather i love snow it doesn't snow here in tx to often does it snow there.
  20. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Hi,
    Richman is a goodsize city .You might ask your Doctor you have now to recomend one in Richmond that will give you the treatments you need .He can check it out for you through the AMA. or other places he has access to.
    I do not know what those med's are would you tell me somemore about your treatment and what you have ? I Would like to be educated on things I do not know about.

Thank You

Also the snow doesn't get real bad here but everyone goes nuts with their driving when it does snow.
    I lived in San Antonio for 6 years and I really like Tx.I hope you adjust to our weather here it kinda in between
    not to bad .Our Falls here in Va are Sooooo Beautiful ,you will enjoy the changeing of the colors in the trees.

I live futher up towards Washington DC about an hour and a half from Richman. Please do come up this way there is so much History from there to here.I enjoyed visiting battlegrounds and seeing things like Williamsburg .If you have children its so much more interesting to visit the places they study about in their Civil War studies.Manassas Virginia is about 30 mins south of me I enjoy the old town shops and farm land there.

take in as much as you can and enjoy it .DC has as you probably know everything for all ages.I'd check out the site seeing in sept when it isnt so hot.If you have never visited the White House be prepared for long lines.
    I'm not sure but I know you use to be able to make appointments ahead of time with your state Congressmen to get privite tours but I am not sure now I think they stop that after 911.Call and ask everyone should visit Our House at least once.

Well sorry I got carryed away .Let me know if you want to know anyhig else

[This Message was Edited on 08/29/2006]