Todo list: June 11 17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EllenComstock, Jun 11, 2007.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, All:

Kim: I'm not trying to take over the to-do list for this week, but I'm at the library today and didn't see it on the board. Not sure when I will be back at the library again so I decided to just post this myself. I know we're all busy-I hope you don't think I'm being pushy or anything.

Nancy: I'm so sorry you have had another setback. Last night I started having some abdominal pains and I wondered it I was having another IBS flare-up, but I took my medicine and just sat and watched TV. Later I realized the pain had diminished and I was feeling better. I was afraid I was in for a bad night. Anyway, I hope you are better now. By the way, how long have you lived in Germany? Do you ever miss the U.S.?

Linda: Yes, I'm so glad to finally have the kitchen done. I think next time I will have to hire someone when it comes to painting and wallpapering. It's just too hard on me physically. I hate to admit when something is hard for me. I guess I'm stubborn sometimes. That's good that your mom will be going to pool therapy. It's helped me a lot. I assume the pool water will be kept at a warm temperature. We do different exercises like marching in place, using large rubber bands, we have plastic paddles that give us resistance in the water. We also have foam tubes we get on and do exercises like moving like we are doing cross-country skiing, jumping jacks, etc. There's a lot of different exercises we do. Of course every place can be a little difference. Hope it helps your mom.

To-do list for today:

-clean behind refrigerator (fridge is new so no need to
    clean it!) (done)
    -clean stove (done)
    -clean behind and under stove (done)
    -clean microwave (done)

To-do list for Tuesday:

-load of laundry (a neverending job!)
    -pool therapy class
    -water flower and vegetable gardens
    -vacuum car

To-do list for Weds:

-drop off towels for donations at church
    -visit a girlfriend. (I also have some things to give her)
    -get groceries
    -drop off brochures on endometriosis at my gynecologist's

I probably won't be back here until Thursday. Hope everyone is doing okay!

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Well I really am in the middle of another setback and it's coming from all angles.

My IBS-D is still here and I've just not felt well since last Wed when I opened my big mouth and said I shower and shampoo daily so I don't need to list it.

My blood sugar is all over the place again and I'm craving sweets which brings an awful cycle effect. I eat them, the blood sugar zooms, then drops and I feel awful most of the time.

Migraines are another problem right now along with feeling feverish and the recent rains have me in a lot of pain again. Oh well, I'll get through this one too.

Today's list:
    Wash my towels

Ellen, I've been here just over 4 years and love everything about it. I don't miss the states at all, ever which is really odd, but I love Germany so much.

I love the laws, the quiet, the cleanliness, and everything about it. It's peaceful here....and I enjoy every minute. And I consider myself blessed to be able to live in a place that most people want to visit.

American tv is good though and I'm so glad to have it back.

And of course, I miss my son in California and my family a little bit (shhhhh, don't tell 'em I said that!!)

Hugs all,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2007]
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Thought I'd join in...

Sorry about all of the IBS- I believe my oldest daughter had IBS for most of her growing up years.....she would get horrible stomach cramps. She had to eat on time or they would set in. She missed a fair amount of school because of it. Now that she is 26, it seems to have lessened. She watches her diet and makes sure to have something if she feels it coming on. Do either of you have those symptoms?

Today is a busy one for spring student piano recital is tonight. I have yet to print off the programs (at the copy shop) and I will serve lemonade and cookies for afterwards. The students' families will bring the cookies. Once I left a student's name off of the program and I felt so I check it 2 or 3 times to make sure I have everyone!

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all and Welcome Terri!

I re-joined Weight-Watchers and went to my first meeting last night. I'm proud of myself for that, for getting past my natural shyness & taking a first step toward weight loss.

I've gained twenty-five pounds (over a two-year period) and I can feel it with every step I take. Also, I'm diabetic with high blood pressure & cholesterol and so a weight gain provides me a significant health risk.

My pain is severe yesterday and today. The increased painkillers helped for a few days but now the neck pain & splitting headache is back with a vengeance. Hopefully, it will ease up soon.

To-Do List

- go to the lab for a blood-test
    (I have increased platelets?)
    - menu plan, make grocery list
    - clean inside of fridge
    - grocery shopping
    (Sweetie has the day off work so he's available to help)
    - walk, at least around the block

My friend (that I usually get together with on Tuesday evenings) had minor surgery this week. I'm not sure if she's up to getting together tonight but if she is, we'll likely go to the dollar store and/or to the mall for an hour. If not, I'll stay home and read (if my headache allows).

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. laceymae

laceymae New Member

you guys have worn me out just reading your list.
    Can you usually get it all done?

I am having a hard time just making a list.
    have a good week ...lacey
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

THANK YOU for posting the list! I posted it, or so I thought, yesterday when I got home from the lake. I probably deleted it! You know how our minds are! LOL

I am happy you are finished with your kitchen! I am sure your water therapy will feel very good this week!

I bathed today and that is about it, other than making some phone calls. Back and neck were hurting and felt like muscle strain. It scared me, so I slowed down my pace at the lake, and reminded myself I am not supposed to be on our boat (I do, just at a slower pace!), lugging heavy things like groceries and luggage. Reaching up to the very top of the shelf to reach for something.

I feel a better today, but will really watch what I do. Heaven knows, I don't want to go back to the hospital.

Nancy, I hope you are feeling better. I gastroparesis (sp) and it is miserable. It is now under control,and I am thankful. Can I ask what symptoms you have? Take good care of yourself, 'doctor's orders', LOL.

Anne Theresa, CONGRATULATIONS! You have taken a very big step! I think WW is the way to go. I try every other diet and they never work. With WW you can eat what you want and be accountable. If I hadn't lost 25 during my illness, I was going to join WW.

Linda, you accomplish so much, every day. I need you to come live with me and crack the whip! LOL I hope you are doing well.

Lacey, I know just reading the list can be tiring! LOL On the days when I get more accomplished, I feel so good. There are many days when just getting a bath is a chore! Keep coming back for more!

It's so great to 'see you all'. I really do miss you all when I haven't posted for awhile..

Take precious care,

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good afternoon all.

I wiped down kitchen and am getting ready to wash my hair. It looks like a limp dish rag.

Still feeling 'punky' and will rest today. I have two appointments, tomorrow, which cannot wait.

Take care,

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm moving slow today; a bit of housework, a rest, a read, a bit of housework, a computer break, a rest, a read. It's one of those days when I'm glad to have no outside appointments or errands because doing the bare minimum seems the loftiest of goals.

I've made some headway with my daily chores, I only have a few small things left to do:

- clean cat's area, change food & water dishes, etc.
    - water plants
    - tidy bedroom
    - make dinner

Later this evening - when the day cools off - I'll take a walk with sweetie if I feel up to it.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm moving a bit slow today too so it will be another lite day for me.

I want to sew something today. My fabrics are coming in from E-bay, my sewing room is all set up and it's time to get back to the things that I enjoy.

Somehow I became responsible for the jammy pants of so many people and I haven't sewn anyone any jammies since probably before I got even more sick in Dec.

I'm putting screens up in the windows since European homes don't come with screens. I have at least 2 windows that I'd like to get done today. (But can't figure out how to open them)

Vacuuming and mopping will probably have to wait for another day.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 06/14/2007]
  10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Another bad day, but I'm taking it in stride. I'm much better at accepting the need to rest & pace myself carefully when I flare like this.

In the past, I used to (during a bad flare) become overwhelmed and stressed-out about all the things I wanted to do, but couldn't.

Now-a-days, I focus on getting through the day - as comfortably as I can - and I try to find some joy within the struggle.

I believe this board (and particularly, the to-do list thread) has helped me adopt this significant change of attitude and for that, I'm grateful.

- make muffins
    - dust living-room
    - sweep porch
    - if I feel up to it, I'll make a casserole for dinner. If not we can make do with sandwiches

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

You reminded me, I need to water my trees! We will have a lovely assortment of fruit this year......apricots, nectarines, two kinds of apples, raspberries and tomatoes (yes, I'm counting them as a fruit!). Out I go...........
  12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm hoping to vacuum and mop today so the house is clean for the weekend.

We figured out how to open the windows but not the french doors in the living room so I'll try to put the screens up in the kitchen and sewing room.

I didn't sew yesterday, but my box of new threads came in last night so I can sew the pair for my friend with a thread that matches today.

I've started to crochet again so I'll be making some more hats for preemie babies so that helps fill my day.

Hopefully I can also make the bed and shower today too.

Hugs all,

Nancy B

And Linda, I hoping to one day change the pic in my profile to a picture of my view out my sewing room window. Just need a little help to get it done. Then you can see what I see when I look outside.

13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all.

It looks like another pain-filled day for me.

My day-to-day pain is severe but now - with this nasty flare-up on top of it - getting through the day is very difficult. It's depressing to me.

I'm going to try to get through my to-do list, a sense of accomplishment can sometimes take the edge off my sadness.

To-Do List

clean/polish coffee table
    sweep bedroom floor
    empty wastebaskets
    wash outsides of kitchen cupboards
    shower & shampoo

I'm glad you're there.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa