Todo list: May 7 12

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EllenComstock, May 6, 2007.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I don't see the weekly to-do list post, so I am assuming that Anne Theresa's computer is tied up still with the bookstore purchase. At least I hope that's the reason and that she is not having a major flare-up.

So I decided to start the post for this week. I didn't finish my painting job this weekend (although I did paint the ceiling-the worst part), and I did manage to get some other things done, too. Standing on a ladder over the basement stairway and painting is not an easy thing to do and I've paid the price over the weekend. Really stiff and achy, especially in my legs. I wish my husband was a better painter. Oh, well. I might be able to finish this project today.

Monday's to-do list:

-finish painting project
    -Banquet fried chicken for dinner (not the healthiest
    thing to eat, but it's easy)

I hope everyone here is doing okay.

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Sorry you are feeling so rotten. Hope you are better soon. Are you still working or off for the summer?

Must get ready to go to Seattle for son's wife's graduation from law school. We leave in two days and I am recovering from another bout of diverticulitus. Very sick and very sore.

But, must carry on. Doing the laundry today.

Take care, each one.

3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm glad to see two responses. I hope that Anne Theresa is doing okay. I've been thinking of Kim and Nancy, too. It will be nice to get everyone back on here again. I realize how much I enjoy this post and getting to know all of you better.

Sue: No, I'm not off yet for the summer. A week from today will be my last day!! I hope you feel better soon and can make it to your daughter-in-law's graduation.

Linda: Yes, I finished the painting yesterday. It was easier as I was doing walls and wasn't on the ladder all the time. I'm feeling it a little today in my legs and neck, but not too bad. I saw the movie "Fracture" over the weekend with Anthony Hopkins. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it! It's one of those movies that has a lot of twists and turns in it right up to the end.

I am so glad to have finished my painting project. My husband isn't working today so he decided he would put up a shelf for me over the stairway. I have an artificial plant and a few other things to put on it. I also have some wallpaper border to put around the ceiling. Even though it's only a basement stairwell area, we walk through there all the time and I decided to dress it up a bit.

Okay, on to my to-do list:

-vacuum basement stairs
    -go to pool therapy class
    -make beef stew for dinner (a good way to use up some
    veggies that are starting to get old)
    -finish grocery list

Take care everyone.

Don't know where the time house looks like a bomb hit it..not too worried about it will be there for me to clean tomorrow or the next day. However, today, I did do:
    the floors in the kitchen and familyroom
    changed sheets on bed and
    finished the laundry

Now tomorrow is another day..ugggg..we will be working in our vineyard trying to finish-up spring's a huge task.

Hope all are well..take care and talk to you soon.

5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Got some gifts purchased and some more packed today. Haircut early in the AM helped my mood. I hate it when my hair looks rotten.

Doctor tomorrow...have diverticulitus again and must have a progress check. Ache all over, but what's new.

Will talk to you guys in about 2 weeks now. I hope all of you have a reprieve from pain and wonderful spring days.

6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Wildwoodvine: Hi and welcome to our little group here. When you get a chance, please fill out your bio so we will know more about you.

Sue: You take care and I hope you feel better soon. We'll see you when you get back.

Linda: Actually I'm not feeling too bad painwise. Just the normal stuff. Let me know what you think of the movie.

It's really dark and gloomy here today. It looks like it could rain any minute. We are supposed to have thunderstorms most of the day, but we do need the rain. With the rain, my husband isn't working so he drove me into work. He offered to help me with the grocery shopping.

Since it's so quiet here at work now, I will probably only be here a couple of hours today. After today, only four more days of work left before my summer break!

To-do list:

-grocery shopping
    -finish dusting upstairs
    -maybe put up wallpaper border around stairwell ceiling
    -my husband is getting brackets for the shelf in the
    stairwell so maybe we'll get that up today as well

I hope everyone else gets back here soon. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

How many hummingbirds do you get? The first year I put out my feeder I had quite a few, but the past few years I haven't had as many. I see them sometimes in my flower beds. We have a lot of wasps that visit the feeder and I've heard they can chase away the hummers. I have put up two other feeders-one is a goldfinch feeder and I see a lot of them. I also have water for the birds. It's a good, quiet hobby. I love to sit on the porch and watch the birds-my cats do, too! No, I don't have any vacation plans. Summer is the busiest time of the year for my husband's work. We may try to go somewhere late winter or early spring next year depending on our finances.

I put up my wallpaper border in our stairwell area and it looks so nice! Now it's ready for my husband to put up the shelf. I have an artificial fern plant and some other things to put on it. I love to decorate. I guess it's the artist in me.

To-do list:

-finish dusting upstairs
    -vacuum carpeted areas (with the cats shedding-especially
    my white one) I'm having to vacuum more right now
    -water therapy class

8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I miss Kim, Anne Theresa and Nancy. I, too, hope we hear from them soon. No-I still have the kitchen to decorate. I have two door to stain and varnish, the ceiling to paint, and then wallpaper. But I have all summer to work on it and will try not to overdo. My husband is putting up the shelf in the stairwell today so that part of the project will be done. Yes, I heard it was warm out your way. Yesterday and today we've had temperatures in the 80's. It was pretty humid last night.

To-do list:

-cash husband's check
    -pick up flowers for mother-in-law for Sunday
    -wash bedding
    -leftover roast for dinner

-take flowers to the cemetery for my mother
    -clean out humidifier on furnace (husband will help me)
    -weed flower gardens
    -go to the movies with a friend on Saturday (she wants to
    see "Spiderman"-not my first choice, but oh well)
    -visit my in-laws on Sunday