Todo list: November 19 through 25

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EllenComstock, Nov 19, 2007.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I didn't see the list on the board, so I decided to get it started this week. This has been a busy morning at work, but I couldn't go a whole morning without checking in with all of you.

One of our professors suggested that I take tomorrow off since it will be pretty quiet here tomorrow and I have my work pretty well caught up. She didn't need to ask me twice! So I won't be back here again until next Monday. If I get a chance, I will head over to our local library and check in with you there, but we'll see.

I've got quite a bit planned for the holiday break. My mother-in-law has decided to have Thanksgiving dinner after all and I'm bringing the turkey! Actually, I offered. It's not a big turkey and I'm not making any dressing so it will be easy. And they only live five minutes from us.

I hope to get some Christmas shopping done while I'm off, plus have some time to relax. Well, I had better get back and finish up a few odds and ends. An half hour to go and I'm off for six days-yay!

Have a good holiday, everyone!

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I've been in bed most of the day watching old movies. It's about all I felt like doing, given how tired I feel. It seems my get-up-and-go has got-up-and-went (my mum's fave expression).

I have to take a shower & get out to my weight-watchers meeting. Beyond that, I have no plans for today.

Linda, I'm sorry about your loss. Losing a loved one can particularly difficult at this time of year. I understand your sadness and trust you will honour these feelings, without judgment or haste. God bless.

Enjoy your holiday's, Ellen. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving & get some well-deserved rest.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We have two lists going!
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for posting this thread! I ended up finding Nancy's first, so there is my original post addressing each of you, after reading this post! LOL

Gentle hugs, to all.....

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi folks, I've had a pretty good day so far, with a bit more energy than yesterday, thank God. I watched a movie, baked muffins, cooked dinner + 2 TV-dinner trays for the freezer & tidied the house.

I'm tired now (go figure) and so I'm going to take a nap. Then, I'll get dressed & prettied-up (such as I'm able) to go out this eve. for bit of Christmas shopping.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yes, we do seem to have two lists going....although I don't want to ignore the posts on the other thread, I think this one should win by default since there are more replies.

I can easily start the weekly thread when I'm on Monday mornings if it hasn't been started already.

Linda, so sorry to hear of your loss...

As for my 'rest' yesterday? It's a relative daughter isn't doing well at all, so I spent most of my day glued to my chair (computer and phone at my fingertips) hoping to avoid the meltdown that I now know is coming.

When meds don't work, raising the dosage doesn't make them work, it just means they still don't work. At least in her case.

Since the Risperadone (which we'd already tried and discarded) caused the horrific OCD symptoms to start up again, adding something to her already full plate was, in my opinion, a recipe for disaster.

Now I'm just on edge....spending my days trying to help her work through them, just getting through the days.

Today she'll be coming in to grocery shop for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I wish we'd all just get together and eat on base, they usually throw a lovely meal...and no clean up or hassles, or stress.

I dread shopping on this day, the busiest of the season, but if she needs to go, I'll be the one to take her. At least with my handicapped parking permit, I have the ability to shop 30 minutes before the commissary opens which always helps me.

I hope you all have a Blessed Holiday...

Nancy B
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Linda- I'm so sorry about your uncle's passing....and that your hubby won't be with you for Thanksgiving. I hope you have a nice dinner with the rest of your family.

Nancy- I'm also sorry that your daughter isn't doing well. And I do think that sometimes, it's just easier on everyone to go and eat out for Thanksgiving! Maybe you can talk them into it yet.....

Today I have to bake my pie and get a few other things ready for Thanksgiving. But since I'm not hosting it, the cleaning may wait until after the day. We have my MIL and BIL coming next week, so I'm cleaning for that. BIL is only staying a few days, then he has to head home. My MIL will be with us until New Year's. We like to have her, although she feels she is a big bother. Not true! She is almost 87 and she helps me!

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm exhausted from Christmas shopping yesterday and so I've planned a restful day today, with only a few chores on my to-do list.

swipe bathroom
    clean kitchen sinks & counter tops
    empty wastebaskets
    make hair appointment

I still need to clean the insides of the kitchen cupboards, wash the walls & finish packing the box for the Goodwill, but I'll procrastinate another day in favour of my heating pad, duvet-covered bed and a good book. love those priorities.

Also, speaking of leisure activities, I can't begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying my anniversary gift of Popeye the Sailor DVDs. I've been treating myself to a few cartoons each day and my inner-child is blissful.

My best to each of you, please know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm still stuffed from our dinner 4 hours ago, but not too stuffed to have a second helping of pumpkin pie! With whipped cream, of course.......

Tomorrow we become morons who go shopping at 5 A.M. Yes, we do the Black Friday craze every year. Actually, we accomplish about 90 % of all our shopping in that one morning. I think I will retire early tonight- the turkey is making me zzzzzzzzzz. See you tomorrow!
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yesterday actually turned out to be a wonderful day...somehow with family and loved ones, it always does.

This morning we'll go shopping at our base Exchange, although not until 9:00 or so....have to check the flyer, they may be open early.

I have a full laundry basket again although I can hear the sounds of Christmas movies and music calling they'll win over laundry!

I still have some gift certificates to buy for Christmas gifts and want to get that done as soon as possible....

Happy Holiday Hugs all,

Nancy B
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Linda, I'm anxious to put up my Christmas decorations, as well, but I want to finish my seasonal cleaning before I put up the tree etc. My goal is to be ready to decorate on or before the 1st of Dec. I'm looking forward, my Christmas ornaments are some of my favourite things.

I've done most of my daily chores and so this afternoon I'm going to take on the job of washing the walls in the hallway. I use the Mr. Clean reacher (designed to wash shower & tub areas) and this makes the chore much easier than it would be otherwise. Still, it's hard on my neck, shoulders, back so I need be careful and not strain myself.

If I have any energy left after cleaning the walls, I'll tidy the laundry room. After that, I'll be more than ready for my nap.

Then, this evening, when sweetie's home to help, we plan to re-arrange the bedroom/office to make room for Rosey (our turtle; a large red-eared slider) & her aquarium to come upstairs for the winter. The basement (where Rosey usually lives) is cold this time of year and so she becomes lethargic and off her food. I like having Rosey upstairs (even though it's a bit crowded) because it's easier to visit her that way.

Terry, Nancy and all who partake in the annual sales today, I wish you boundless energy and many bargains. I've never been in the US for Black Friday but my sister has told me stories...

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We were at our first store at the 5 A.M. opening- no, it wasn't a stampede! We did pretty much all of our shopping and only have a few gift cards left to buy. We aren't buying gifts for each other, except I accidentally caught my hubby buying me some stainless steel cookware! But we're sharing that one......

Linda- hope you're enjoying all of the turkey day leftovers.

Nancy- glad to hear you're getting into the spirit of the season!

AnneTheresa- yes, you ought to experience a Black Friday. Happy chaos!

Not much else new-
    Take care all!
  13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Linda, maybe you should save something for your hubby to do when he gets home- I think you are wearing yourself out! Watch some Popeye cartoons, like AnneTheresa!

I watched "Pride and Prejudice" yesterday.....I like the BBC version from about ten years ago, but I also enjoy the newer one with Keira Knightley.

I think we are shampooing the carpet needs it. Plus we have family coming on Wed., so that's our motivation!

I'm enjoying the long weekend and hope you all are too-
  14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

My walls came out nice from yesterday's cleaning and I'm not terribly stiff & sore today, as I expected. I'm going to do a smaller wall area today (the front entranceway) and then leave the bigger jobs (kitchen & living room walls) for next week.

The bedroom walls are draped with fabric and so I need not clean those and I did the washroom walls a few months ago and they're still nice.

In addition to cleaning the walls today, I'd like to:

swipe the washroom
    make the bed
    empty wastebaskets
    dust desk/bookshelf
    water plants

Tomorrow we're going to the local stage theatre to see a play; a Canadian comedy that has received very good reviews. I'm looking forward. After the play, we'll go to the repertoire (movie) theatre to pick up a few 'dinner & a movie' gift certificates to use for Christmas gifts.

I'm close to finished my Christmas shopping, just a few more things to pick up. I get tired just thinking about what's ahead in the month of December. I love and I'm happy to acknowledge and celebrate the birth of our Lord but the many social expectations are too much for me.

Our gift-exchanging events begin on the 10th of December this year (so far, we have 9 such occasions imposed - er, I mean, planned - for over the holidays). I'll manage of course, though I may have to miss an occasion or two as I did last year. As long as I don't miss the same event two years in a row, people are, for the most part, understanding.

I'd love to hear how you manage the increase in activity this time of year?

God bless,
    Anne Theresa