............Todo lists for August 1420...................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EllenComstock, Aug 16, 2006.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

I've not been on here for over a week, but just saw the post from Stormyskye about her new grandson. In case not everyone knows, her grandson was born with a heart defect, but I just saw the update that he is thankfully doing well after the surgery. Since Stormy said she may be gone for quite a few days, I told her that I would start the post for this week since it doesn't look like anyone else has done this.

The past ten days have been busy for me. My aunt, who lived in New Jersey, passed away on August 6. She was 94 and had had alzheimers for years. I saw her last year, but she didn't know who I was. She was my favorite aunt and I have many wonderful memories of her. My aunt was buried here. Both of my aunt's children are out-of-state and one of them spent part of her time here with my husband and me. While it was wonderful to see her again, it would have been better under different circumstances.

All the stress of the funeral and offering help and support to my cousins put me in a flare, but I am thankfully doing better now.

On Tuesday I went back to work. Fortunately, the school year hasn't started yet so it's still pretty quiet in my building.

Sorry this is so long. As for my to-do list for today, I have water therapy this afternoon. I hope to have the energy to finish vacuuming. Will fix an easy dinner. Take a long nap. Yesterday I had a three-hour nap, which I really needed.

Hope everyone sees this post. Let's pray that Stormy is back soon.

Ellen
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks for posting the "to do" list, I was wondering about it while taking a shower.

I'm so sorry for your loss....seems to be a heartbreaking month for many on the board here.

My to do list is as long as I can remember. I wish some garden gnome (how in the world do you spell that??) would come along and mow my grassy hill for me. I just can't seem to get around to it, and it's about a foot long already.

My daughter's bed was delivered this morning, that was fun helping them heft it over her balcony since it doesn't fit to go upstairs.

My bed is being returned tonight and I'm getting a new mattress. Mine is less than a year old but hurts my back too much to continue using it.

I've trimmed the dog's hair today, showered, vacuumed, done 3 loads of laundry (and counting), made my daughter's bed up for her already today. Done some weeding out front too.

I'm hoping tomorrow to just stay curled up in bed with a good book and get some much needed rest.

Things have been very difficult with my daughter lately and I need a few minutes break while she goes to an appt. (She's been on a 24/7 watch the past few days and it's exhausting...but she's my girl)

Hugs,

Nancy B.