Toes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kea, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Kea

Kea New Member

Aloah
    I am wondering if any one else have trouble with their toes.
    I am finding I have to wear shoes all the time or some type of slipper in the house. If I don't the bottom of my toes feel like I have blisters on them, very painful.
    In Hawaii when you go in to someones house you take off your shoes. I am taking slippers with me when I go visiting.
    Sometimes I feel like I am becoming hypersensitive to everything, or a little crazy.
    Happy New Year, Kea
  2. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi Kea:
    I can sympathize with toe pain and soreness. I have painful , sore, bottoms of the feet. This is usually worse in the AM, and I have trouble walking for a while. It gets worse after I sit too.
    I only massage my feet and hope for the best. Not th e best to do, but all I know how to do.
    I guess I don't have too much to say to help, just to let you know there is someone out there with foot pain, too.
    By the way, you are so lucky to live in Hawaii. I live in frozen northern Minnesota. Do you find that the warm, humid air affects your fms???? I find the cold, humid air does here.
    good luck
    sue
  3. countrygirl

countrygirl New Member

You have my sympathy and envy - I would love to sit on the beach and put my poor swollen feet in th sand. So, yes, you are not alone. My right foot and toes, feel swollen all the time and I can't be on my feet very much. Really impacts my work. Other than massage and laying on the floor with my feet elevated, I haven't found anything that helps. Staying off my feet helps, but that is nearly impossible. Good luck. countrygirl.
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

My feet have hurt me since before I was born (lol). Seriously. My mother said my twin sister and I were the only 2-year-olds with callouses! If there is something to be wrong with feet, we get it! I've had bunions, corns, Morton's neuroma, hammertoes, heel spurs and I also have flat feet. When I had the neuroma removed, they had to cut a nerve. Well, now I have a hammer toe there and the pain is horrendous! The only way to fix that is with more surgery, which I'm not inclined to do right now. My husband and I squeeze each other's feet every night. My podiatrist told me to wear low-heeled shoes with rubber soles and lots of cushioning. The skin on top of my feet is very thin, so that doesn't help either. Keep your skin moistured and if you have callouses, either you remove them or have a podiatrist remove them. Actually, I suggest you go to a podiatrist and have your feet checked out. I hope this helps!!!!

Annette2