Tomatoes......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shirl517, Jan 4, 2006.

1. shirl517

shirl517 New Member

Any out there react badly with tomatoes and
    other nightshade veggies?
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I believe there are many here who react badly to nightshade veggies and tomatos.

Hopefully you will get more replies to this. If not keep your post bumped up.

If you don't know what bumped up means, it is to keep your post at top of the list. You do this by going to your post, and typing bump into the title and send. It will be on your original post, but will bump the post up!

I am not good at directions. Hope I didn't confuse you!

Kim
  3. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

Blister my mouth and face I can't touch the plant.
  4. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

Hi Shirl,

I went to a holistic medicine healer several years ago and she warned me to STAY AWAY FROM ALL NIGHTSHADE VEGETABLES AND FRUIT. I even bought a book at a health food store and it made the same statement.

There must be something to that theory.

Maybe some others have more insightful information (I fell off the wagon with the holistic medicine healer - everything just cost so much and I couldn't afford all the supplements)

Hugs,
    Sunshine8957
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I could extoll the virtues of the common potato for days, could spend awhile on another of my favourites (and constant raw snacks), bell peppers.

Though nightshades can be a nasty allergy for some, I don't believe blanket statements that completely discount certain foods. I think nightshades are like gluten foods, or eggs, peanuts, etc.; healthy foods, but not healthy if you are allergic.

jeanne
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Shirl517:
    I had food allergy testing about five years ago.
    The nightshades showed up, especially one individual one:
    eggplant. I should have known: I am always making dishes with eggplant. And it is said that sometimes the item you crave is one you are allergic to.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. shirl517

shirl517 New Member

I seem to be alright with raw but in a
    heated recipe, pain.... Same for you?