Tomorrow I play your requests for hymns

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Asatrump, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

As I sit this morning at the computer it is trying to snow. Just a little would be lovely to accent the outdoor decorations and lights.

Tonight is special for me, my grandson is playing trumpet in his very first concert, he only began in Sept. I am expecting the usual squeeks and honks, (as Bandwoman knows all too well). My husband is also a music teacher, and was a trumpet major. My son was an expert trumpet player, although he went into a medical field. Now, my sons student horn is being played by his nephew and this is the third generation of trumpet players. My heart swells, even though I could use ear plugs. Insert grin! God is good.

I had promised that on Dec. 20 I would play songs you requested. I have a grand piano here. I wish I had a magnificent pipe organ as the king of instruments is so appropriate to celebrate the birth of Christ.

My list includes:

Sixtyslady: Joy to the World
    Pepper: What Child is This?
    LMS526: Do You Hear What I Hear?
    palavis: Angels We Have Heard on High
    Littlebluestream: Oh Little Town of Bethlehem
    kgangle: Silent Night
    Morningsonshine: Little Drummer Boy
    Bandwoman: Come All Ye Faithful, Angels from the Realm of
    Glory
    from nz: Oh Holy Night

I will be happy to include others , please list in this thread. For me this is my private worship through music and the beloved and timeless carols.

Merry Christmas to all. May the day be safe and happy to one and all. And, pain free would be lovely.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Fairest Lord Jesus

Thank you.

Sue
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hey, my students don't honk and squeek. LOL

Love,

Nancy

Maybe I am hard of hearing by now. Probably. Ha.

4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

funny....... your students probably took time to put a reed on their clarinets! And maybe the brass players put the mouthpiece in. Of course the drummers all learn to play fortissississimo whether on or off the beat!

All I can say is my heart swells, but my ears will cringe!
  5. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

I had to laugh when I read about your grandson playing the trumpet and the squeaks that go along with a beginning. I remember very well when my brother was in band. He played the French horn and then just when he got past the sqeak phase in that, he switched to the baritone. I remember he used to stand out on the porch and play. I clearly remember asking my mom "Can't you make him stop?" It was working on my last nerve (and I only have one) she would just say "He has to practice." Thank goodness, that phase ended quickly. I was always thought one of the neighbors would call the cops for disturbing the peace. But they never did.....pity.
  6. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Thanks for taking the time to play for all of today, a sweet offering up to the Lord!

God Bless you.
  7. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Hi there,
    I so wish I could sit next to you & listen in person to you playing, you are so far away & I would so love to be able to pop in & hear you play!!
    Thank you though for taking the time to think of us & play for us, even if we can only hear in spirit.
    You are a dear friend!!
    Best wishes,
    Linda.
  8. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I just can't remember the title to this song...must be a blonde moment for me again..lol
    It goes like this,"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me...
    Ok, it probably is Let there be peace on earth...naturely...but I sure would like to here it played..
    I pray this every year at this time alot...I so want it to happen...like when Our Saviour was born...
    Thanks!!

Love,
    webby
  9. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Do you know we could have possibly been playing some songs at the very same time. I was performing Christmas music early in the morning with our junior high students. We played before school started and as the kids were coming in to the school.

Maybe one day we will get to perform together. You never know, they do have more than just harps in heaven don't they. They surely have gold clarinets and organs there to. We can only imagine. It is going to be glorious.

Thanks so much for playing for us. You are a sweetheart. How did the concert go with your grandson. Did you swell with pride. I am sure you did!

I am just waiting on a student to come. I think I hear him now. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy