tongue muscle spasms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by tnovins, Sep 9, 2005.

1. tnovins

tnovins New Member

I have been having for month episodes were my tongue does this wave type thing and it contacts(Muscle spasms). It get so bad that it feels like I am going to gage. It actually has woken me up at night.I am told that this could be Fibromyalgia, that the tongue is also a muscle. It come alot when my throat muscle are tight. Has anyone had this? (All neurologiclal tests ruled out seziures) Thank you
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2005]
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

My eyelids once twitched for a month!
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

bump

Rosie
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy New Member

My thumbs, eyelids & eye muscles regularly twitch; I think any of our muscles can be affected. The tongue twitching sounds horrible though! (((tnovins)))
  5. tnovins

tnovins New Member

My tongue does hurt like the rest of my body , and no it has never stretched out of my mouth. It is a horrible experience. It started when I tryed to take AD. this seems to trigger it, I am told that they can give you a tremor or muscle spasms , but in my tongue? Then supposably aworld renoun Dr.said it is Fobromyalgia and the tongue is affected like every other part of the body. I just wanted to know if any else ever experienced this.. Ps what is bump?
  6. jungleroses

jungleroses New Member

I have that off and on, sometimes at night when i am trying to go to sleep [ya, like i can sleep].

I have also gotten that when just riding in the car, shopping, etc.

It feels like you are going to swallow your tounge, and is very scary.
    I think my gosh am i having a stroke or something?

But then it calms down and will slowly go away.

I have no idea what causes that. But I did notice that higher stress level times make it worse.