Too much Acetaminophen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyblues68, Jul 7, 2003.

1. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I'm worried about to much of this stuff. I currently take Lortab and Ultram for pain. It's starting not to work anymore. What could I ask my doctor for that would be stronger that what I take now and with out acetaminophen?

Thanks,
    Tammy
  2. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

Hi Tammy,

I too take Ultram and Darvacet and have been concerned about the amount of acetaminophen I've been taking. Hope someone with knowledge of this replies. Tulip
  3. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I go back to my PCP Wed. I had Morphine in my IV for a procedure once and made me so sick. I wonder if it would be different in pill form. I'll put the Oxycontin down on my list. Is this the drug that everyone is freaking out about getting addicted too?

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Has anyone else tried Oxycontin?

Thanks Tammy
  4. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Okay, from what I understand the pill form of morphine won't make you nauseous like the IV does. OxyIR also does not contain acetominphen, it's a shorter acting dosage of oxycontin, the OxyIR lasts about 4 hours compared with the sustained realease of oxycontin and is useful for the breakthru pain.
    Mar
  5. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

bb: i had the same prob w/5mg vicodins not working. then to 10 lortabs. every 2-3 hours. now to cut down on the lortabs/acetaminophen amt, i take 10 mg methadone every 12 hours. still take lortabs but not as often, every 4hrs or so. my doc said you can take up to 2000 mg/daily if your not an old person...like 80. think thats the amt he said.
    we are probably upping the methadone again....very slowly as i did it too fast, too soon and had a heck of a time.
    take care
    alice
  6. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I'll add these to my list. I'm currently taking 15mg of Lortab and Ultram every 8 to 12 hrs. I have taken 20 mg of Lortab a couple of times before I started the Ultram too. I found no difference so I stuck to the 15mg. No need to take more when it doesn't help. I just recently started taking both pain meds 3 times a day. For over 1 year I had just taken 15 mg Lortab for pain. I guess my body has just gotten use to it.

Tammy