too much detox

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Apr 16, 2007.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

what's the drill when u wake up feelign sick to the pit of yr stomach because you've overdone it on detox?

I've sucked down some pysllium, some chlorella, nebulised some glutathione.. and slept and I'm still feeling rough..

Maybe I should get some activated charcoal. IS that better than chlorella?

Think it was the combo of green food and methyl supps this time..

Quite concerend about releasing toxins and then not mopping them up ... and re-absorbing them.. (

it's really stupid that I keep doing this, I thnk the greenfood put me over the top last nite.

But I tell u what I feel more and more like one of the living and less like one of the living dead every day. I CANNOT believe how sick I was, adn if my latest IGG viral titers are anything to go by I still have a ways to go.,

Delia
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

You poor thing, been there done that. I think what I did was took the molybdenun and magnesium. Not sure it helped a lot, but when ya feel that bad, ya feel like like ya gotta try something. I also took liquid bentonite to help sop up toxins.

My head is rather dizzy, out of it, antsey, and I don't like this at all. Wish I knew how to help us both.
  3. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

I would go with charcoal to mop up the toxins. The chlorella would actually increase the detox.

Good luck,

Toma
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

good point about the chlorella! Duh.
    delia
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Rich wrote a while back that non-denatured whey protein helps the liver to detox, while nebulized glutathione helps the lungs (and indirectly the brain and other organs) to detox.

My impression from this is that non-denatured whey protein would help get gunk already in the liver on its way out of the body.

On the other hand, it seems that getting glutathione to the lungs--and then, possibly, to the brain and other parts of the body--would cause detox in those places, with the resulting gunk then being directed to the liver to be filtered out.

My own experience has indeed been:

Lots of nebulizing = more icky detox feelings

Lots of non-denatured whey protein = less icky detox feelings

(Some icky detox feelings may be useful in the long term, but--as noted--too much could cause reabsorption or dangerous/uncomfortable short-term effects.)

Perhaps Rich will comment on whether my understanding is correct....
  6. cct

cct Member

I am using charcoal to get the toxins out of my digestive tract.