Too much Lyrica?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by wanna_be_artsy, Apr 13, 2009.

1. wanna_be_artsy

wanna_be_artsy New Member

I have Chronic Daily Headaches and Migraines, along with muscle pain, fatigue and depression. I have been dealing with all this for almost 20 yrs.

I have just been prescribed Lyrica for the nerve pain. It is the first thing that actually does help with the pain...it doesn't feel like a narcotic (it's not narcotic), but just soothes the pain away. I'm prescribed 200 mg, 2 times a day. I have been taking around 4-5 (200 mg cap)...I'm afraid to tell my doctor.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with this?

Has anyone ever had luck with any other medications to help pain?
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Your prescription will run out too early and you may find it hard/impossible to refill. So tell your doctor right now. The best policy is always to be truthful with your doctor as that is how you get the most and best treatment from your doctor.
  3. motif

motif New Member

and don't be dependable on doctor prescriptions anymore...
  4. kali_omalley

kali_omalley New Member

Hi,

I had terrible luck with Lyrica. It made me feel drugged and belive it or not ( my Doctor didn't) I gained 30 lbs in 6 weeks. I have tried everything for pain. I'mnopt willing to take narcotics on a daily basis and even when I do they are very little to no help.

Glad the Lyrica is helping you !!

Best of Luck,

Kali
  5. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

My neurologist specializes in migraines and he does an occipital neural block (reminds me of an epidural), but for some people it lasts for weeks, months or even a year. My neurologist said at the last big seminar they were really pushing the neurologists to learn how to do this because of the relief it offers many migraine patients. I've been getting them for 2 years and normally I get them about 3 to 4 times a year. But recently I got one in December, then February and I am getting one in a few days. We'll have to see what the neurologist feels as to my migraines.

He also has me on Topamax as a migraine preventative.