Too much....Now my Lizzie is gone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, May 18, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I cannot believe this is happening to me and I'm sure you can't either!

Ok, here it is....
    1. I'm having to take care of a VERY sick and aged dog
    2. Last Saturday, 4 little 3 month old puppies were hauled off at my house, leaving me to find homes for them
    3. This week my cat disappears and comes home 4 days later
    4. Now, my Sheltie has disappeared last night and I have been out all day looking for her and passing out fliers with a $200 reward offered for her

How much more can one take! Oh, I forgot to mention that I've been trying to get 20+ cats spayed/neutered.

I know the Lord never puts more on a person than he/she can handle.....but Father, where does it stop?!

I am so sorry for my tears, complaints, and

I love the fun and lightness of this board, but just had to cry a bit more. I will get over this and will find my Lizzie soon. My Jazz came home so hopefully she will too, though my Father in heaven did not bless her with much of the grey matter, and I don't think she can find her way home.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Too much stress and sadness and work! I also get so angry at people who don't want an animal/animals and just dump them anywhere that they can't be traced to. Grrrr.

Your Sheltie...gone today? Could someone have taken her as they are expensive dogs? I'm not wanting this to be it, but just wondering.

Glad your kitty came home...that was a great story.

Go ahead and vent...go ahead and cry. It will get better. I'll pray your doggie comes home very soon. Makes me very sad to think of a lost dog wandering the streets. )-:

Let us know how you and your animals are doing. I think most of us here are real animal lovers ( I have one very spoiled kitty)...and have had others. I like dogs, cats, etc. but am a bit scared of birds.'s OK.

Hang in there,

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow!,,,sorry to hear about all of this happening to you!,,has Lizzie wandered off before? I really hope this is not a bad situation!,,,,,,

You are in my prayers tonight,,,,,is there a local animal shelter that you can unload some of the pups at? maybe they can help!,,,,,,,,,Hugs!!,,,,Sis
  4. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I can give a bit more details about my Lizzie.

She is TERRIFIED of thunder, gun shot, or any loud noise. So when my neighbor was tearing his barn down yesterday, I noticed her going outside and just thought that she was looking for a place to potty. That was at 7:00 last night and I was so stupid that I didn't notice that I didn't notice her gone until 10:00. So I immediatley drove up and down the roads looking for her.

She gets lost very easily and with the stress of having the pups here and the loud noise across the road, I fear that she is so stressed that she just doesn't know what to do.

One thing I fear is that at about 9 last night I heard a pack of coyotes in the direction I saw her go. I can not BELIEVE that I never noticed her not comeing back!

When I got her, she was a lost Katrina victim but only lived about 8 miles from my house. But it took her 2 1/2 months to get to my yard from hers! Where was she for all that time? And where could she be now?

I am going tomorrow to the shelters and vet clinics passing out my fliers and also to the feed stores and other various establishments. I have passed out about 10 of them today to businesses and households.

God help me again in finding yet another one of my babies.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

to St Francis for you. Love Annie
  6. poets

poets Member

This is terrible. I'm so sorry. I had something happen today too that made me ask what else? How much more can I take?

I will pray that you'll find your dog. My son Adam who posts on here said to tell you he is praying too. I'll tell everyone I know to pray. Hang on. There's power in prayer. I will be thinking about you. Please keep us posted.

7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

so sorry this has happened.

I hope your wee dog comes home or some kind person finds her and brings her home.

I'd be crying too.

8. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I can only give ya'll a "blanket" thank you since I am so tired and at the end of my rope. I wish I could adress each of you individually, but know that I read each and every post and am again greatful for your friendship and support.

I will check back in later on and maybe by then, I'll be able to be more

I don't know what's wrong with me right now as words are just not coming to me anymore.
  9. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hang in there girl! I'm so sorry about all this stress you are having with the animals all at once.

I sure hope you find your Lizzie, praying she is found.

Asking for the strengh you need to go thur this.

10. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Kathleen, I am so sorry your dog is missing. It's an awful feeling when you can't find them and have no idea how to help them find their way back. Hopefully someone has found her and is giving her food and water.

I had a 16 year old cat go missing last spring, and we never found out what happened to her. That was devastating for me. She was my devoted companion. Then this spring, my other cat, nearly 17, died. My 1-year-old Scotty is an INDOOR cat. I am so paranoid about losing him, I won't let him go out at all.

Is there a water source near your home....a creek, river, pond? Maybe she would be drawn to water, instinctively. I wish I had a tip that would actually help you find her. I know what you are going through.

I will say a prayer for Lizzie, that God will keep her safe and guide her home.
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I think it's wonderful that you are willing to do so much for animals in need. But it really opens us up to heartbreak when something happens to them.

I feed several feral cats. Occasionally a raccoon, skunk or possum will drop by for some kibble too. But now I have three neighbors complaining about the cats. Always something...

12. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

You are amazing to take care of so many animals. They are so lucky to have you. I hope Lizzie finds her way home to you very very soon.

Warm hugs,

13. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Does she have a name tag with your phone number on it?

Rudy, my rescue dog, managed to get out of his halter and disappear into the night while I was walking him.

I was so distraught. I was driving up and down the streets trying to yell his name while crying at the same time. I was even squeeking his phesant stuffed animal out the window of my car.

When I gave up looking and came home, there was a message for me on the answering machine that Rudy was found. I immediately drove over to her house, and Rudy acted like nothing had ever happened. Rudy was like---,"Oh, hi. Glad you could come and join us". (he isn't the brightest light bulb in the box!)

I do hope you find your sheltie. They become our children and we worry about them because we love them so much.
  14. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

First, I would like to thank those of you who commend me on my efforts with these animals. But I must admit that I'm not the hero at all. These babies were laid in my lap, and if I had a choice, I would choose to have only a few cats and a couple of dogs. Dogs and cats of my choosing. Having said that, though, I feel for some reason that our Father has delivered this gift (or burden) on me. And sometimes it is a burden but most of the time it's a gift. I feel this gives me some purpose in life.

Joyfully...That was cute about your dear Rudy. But no, Lizzie did not have a tag, but she does have a collar and microchip. But I doubt anyone around here would think to check for a chip.

Any way, I am feeling pretty confident now that she hasn't been attacked by coyotes, since I haven't seen any vultures or anything around. I know that's kind of sad to have to watch for those, but that has to be part of my search too. I must be realistic.

Thank you all again and will let you know as soon as she is found, though she may not ever be found sshe may be living happily in a new and wonderful home. So now I must get on with life.