Too much Substance P?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Nov 14, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

I was doing some routine sleuthing and the Substance P issue was raised. I happen to think, everything in our body gas an Antagonist. All hormones, neurotransmitters. Negative feed back loops. So what would be a Substance P Antagonist. Turns out the drug Emend (Aprepitant) is a Substance P Antagonist. Aprepitant is available in the market in the treatment of chemotherapy-induced nausea / emesis.

So, am wondering if anyone has used this drug, or wondering if this might reduce Substance P, thereby reducing pain? Might be something to research.

I go for natural remedies and it seems that Capsaicin has been shown to reduce the levels of Substance P. Many have used this topically with varying degree of success. Capsaicin is also in Cayenne and chili peppers. This can cause irritation in mammels (which we are) but I can't get enough of the hot stuff.

Many of you know that I use DL-Phenylalanine for my pain relief. It is an Amino Acid. This is a combination of the D - and L - form of the amino acid Phenylalanine. This form of phenylalanine acts as a natural pain reliever. It will help your body make DOPAMINE AND Endorphins. Endorphins are actually far more powerful than the drug known as morphine. For pain control or as an anti-depressant take 1,000-4,000 mgs twice a day on an empty stomach. (I personally take 1000 mg, in the morning, empty stomach and this is my only pain medication.)

It will also help your body make Tyrosine, which converts to the neurotransmitters norepinephrine, epinephrine, dopamine and tyramine. Tyrosine and its metabolites have been shown to support emotional well-being, memory and learning.

I would say you will see an improvement the FIRST DAY, and its' effect improve over time.

It is available in ANY health food store and costs less than $10. This is a winner!
  2. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Ellie,

I was reading your method on another topic link and found it quite interesting actually. Docs did a spinal tap on me last spring looking to see how far a latient infection had traveled in my body. They did find that the protein level in my spine was off the charts.They figure this was part of the reason I was having issues with pain meds.14 days of heavy duty antibotics supposedly cleared things a bit. Any how I can't help but wonder if the substance P is the protein factor found in our spinal fluid. I believe that the proteins are assisted by amino acids for digestion. Makes me really ponder your ideas. Thanks for sharing this.

Oh yes you like the caspaicin creams. I used to use the liquid from the caspaicin peppers themselves firehouse hot chili but it really upset hubby's tummy. If you try cooking with it wash hands very completely with plenty of hot water and very warm water. No, don't ask please. A massage therapist turned me onto using Bio-freeze. Cool going on than hot tamale feeling. Heavy menthol by the oder but it works without fudging up the skin. Maineweezie