Too sick to go with family to parade:(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellyann, Jul 4, 2006.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi all,
    I got up and felt like I'd been "Hit by a truck" so I couldn't go to the 4th of July parade, where my 16 year old daughter is going to be marching with her high school marching band:(

Why can't I ever have a good day? I felt like my arms and legs were coming out of their sockets this morning. Also, my face is so broke out all over my chin I am embaraassed to be seen in public, especially where people may know me.

My head is pounding like I've been on a 3 day drunk. But I never drink. The front of my head hurts so bad I feel like I'm going cross eyed. I take topamax for headaches. I guess I need to up the dose as I am only taking 25mgs at a time. Even my hair hurts, if you can believe it!

I hope you all are having a better day that I am so far!

Kellyann
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I'll be watching it all on TV. I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the celebrations without dealing with heat and mosquitos.

God Bless.
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I know how you feel. I'm sorry that you feel so awful today. I know you must feel terrible about missing your daughter's school parade. My husband had to go up north to his famiy 4thJuly reunion without me this year. It really made me sad at first, but I didn't want to spoil it for him. So, I put on a brave, happy face and encouraged him to have a good time.

Right now, just rest and focus on feeling better. Being sick is what it is - you can't wish it away. I find that I can make it better or worse depending on my acceptance and my attitude.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am not going to feel sorry for myself today. The kids were all just fine without me. My husband filled in. Thank goodness. This did not hurt him any either, haha! Well, I am going to lay down and watch the 20 year special on Oprah!
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  5. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

I am having my family over for a barbecue today and I woke up with a pounding headache, and my whole body hurts. Nothing seems to take it away.
    I feel so guilty sometimes. I just want to be better. I am praying as the day goes by that the pain will subside. I wish all of you the same. Happy 4th and tomorrow is always another day. We can only take it one day at a time.
    God bless you all. Try to make the best of it.
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi -

I sure know how you feel. It's been so humid here in the northeast that I haven't really been outside for any length of time in a couple of days. Too d@mn hot! And of course, we're having thunderstorms to beat the band for the whole week!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie