Too tired to go to Doc..what R we supposed to do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Nov 21, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

I have an appt with an ENT at 2:00 today. My usual nap time of course, but it was the only appt, been waiting 6 weeks.
    I had to start to get ready about 10:00, hair, wash face (makeup, not with these shaky hands), etc... so I could lay down and rest. Here it is 12:00, trying to eat some lunch (an apple)and find the energy to put clothes on.
    The real clencher is it's about a 60 mile drive!! I took my oxy, but still in moderate/severe pain & just exhausted. I haven't done anything this AM but put wash in the machine.
    How do you all do it? Hubby can't take off work everytime I have a doc appt. (he usually does, scard for me to drive that far) I feel like such a woose. I quit working, do try to keep the house up and dinner cooked, but not being able to find the energy to go to the doc is pitiful.
    Somebody give me a bosst will ya and get me up off my (butt)

Thanks for letting me share..I have to put real pants on now..(ouch)
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

I have an appt with an ENT at 2:00 today. My usual nap time of course, but it was the only appt, been waiting 6 weeks.
    I had to start to get ready about 10:00, hair, wash face (makeup, not with these shaky hands), etc... so I could lay down and rest. Here it is 12:00, trying to eat some lunch (an apple)and find the energy to put clothes on.
    The real clencher is it's about a 60 mile drive!! I took my oxy, but still in moderate/severe pain & just exhausted. I haven't done anything this AM but put wash in the machine.
    How do you all do it? Hubby can't take off work everytime I have a doc appt. (he usually does, scard for me to drive that far) I feel like such a woose. I quit working, do try to keep the house up and dinner cooked, but not being able to find the energy to go to the doc is pitiful.
    Somebody give me a bosst will ya and get me up off my (butt)

Thanks for letting me share..I have to put real pants on now..(ouch)
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, I can relate to your feelings. Just getting dressed thats all my energy sometimes. I usually do what you did, get dressed, then take a nap before I go anywhere!

I know about the 'real pants' too, ouch is right. I try to get everything that is soft elastic, not tight, wow what a difference this illness makes in our lives, even the clothes we wear.

I will keep good thoughts for you on your trip to that doctor. Let us know how it went, will be waiting to hear from you.

Take care,
    Shalom, Shirl

4. pepper

pepper New Member

I guess you have already left for your appointment. I hope all goes well on your long drive.

My CFS doc is an hour's drive away. I was able to drive to the first 2 visits alone. My condition continued to worsen and I haven't been able to drive that far in 9 years. When I have an appointment, my husband took sick leave (he's retired now so that is no longer a problem) or I arranged for someone else to drive me - my son or my aunt or my brother-in-law. I ask for very little but this is one thing I have had to ask for. I had to face the fact that it was not within the realm of my capabilities any more! Maybe it is the same for you.

On the days I have appointments, I usually do NOTHING except get ready for the appointment. It is all I can handle. If I were able to throw in a laundry, that would be a bonus!

If that is all you can do too, then so be it. (On appointment days, it's take-out for supper too.) You are not a woose - you are ill. You sound the way I feel so often - guilty about being sick. It is not our fault!

I have had to cancel many doctors' appointments within a 10 minute drive because I have just not had the energy to get ready to go! Yes, it is pitiful, but it is a fact of our lives right now.

Please know that you are not alone. ((((HUGS)))Pepper
  5. beans

beans New Member

I can't drive my self 60 minutes away to a Doctor so I am not real help here.

I get very sleepy and need a nap early afternoon also.

I often do not go to see a doctor out of my driving distance.
    Less than 30 minutes.

What I do need to see a doctor out of town.
    First ask my husband when can he take me.

Then I make the oppointment but tell the Dr office if it does not suit my husbands shedule I will be calling them back very soon.

I work with my husbands shedule.

He is responibly for me so He has to help me.

Beans
  6. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

Hi!
    I feel the same way.You have to force yourself to go out sometimes.It takes all my energy to get ready for the doctors I have to see.Try and find a doctor that is closer to your area.The long drive is way too much for you.I hurt all over 90% of the time.

Bob