Took a bad fall today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Engel, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Engel

Engel New Member

Gosh ... I took a baddddd fall today (inside house). Banged my right knee really bad (huge raised bruise). Suddenly now ... I can walk without my cane!!! Go figure. Maybe I am just in shock? I am afraid to go to sleep.
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

You better ice that! How did you fall? I am so accident prone. I fall a few times a year. I am glad you can walk without the cane...just be careful not to fall again!

Dont worry about sleep. You need it to heal.

Feel better...if it gets worse, you may have to go have a doctor look at it.

hugs...
    jmq
  3. LadyC

LadyC New Member

Ohooo! So sorry you hurt yourself. I fell a few times this year also and hurt myself. Seems like invisible stuff just keeps jumping in the way.

Take care of yourself and pamper that knee.
  4. Didoe

Didoe New Member

Glad to hear you made it okay thru the spinal.
  5. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

so sorry you fell and got hurt, but isnt it awesome that you can now walk with out a cane. I will be interested to see how you feel tommorrow.
  6. Engel

Engel New Member

I think it is because of the swelling that I can get around better than I have in years. That sucker is really black and blue and sore though. I have it elevated with ice on it. I bet in a day or so I will be really sore and back to the cane ... lol.

I fell carrying laundry upstairs. It could have been much worse.
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

OH No!!!!!!! I am so sorry that you took a hard fall!!! You ice that knee and take good care of yourself. Be careful. It will probably get worse before it gets better. I think the third day after an accident is the worst. Take care!!!!

Kriket
  8. jmq

jmq New Member

Just checkin in on you to see how the knee is? Has the swelling gone down?

Hope you are OK

jmq
  9. Engel

Engel New Member

((((((( Thanks for asking ))))))))) I don't understand it ... it has be the swelling but I am beginning to hurt in my hips, back and my neck is really bothering me ... but I can walk ... lol. I have OA in that knee even (documented by x-ray). I notice I have a headache (I did not hit my head) really bad tonight. It must be catching up with me.

Take care sweetie
  10. skikat

skikat New Member

soooo sorry! i really am as i tok one bad one last night. i was in my computer chaair and sometimes i fall into the computer moniter or on the keyboard and am out for a couple hours .soooo anyway, i had already fallen into the keyboard twice so i turned my chair towards the door for awhile and just rested as i had just took morphine. well--- i went out like a light and instead of my head just falling over, my head went first and then my whole body . right through the open door on my face and knees and almost into the piano! today my eyebrow area and all of my nose, wrists where i tried to catch myself and knees and upper thighs are really sore. if it doesnt let up by tonorrow afternoon i am going to o to dr. he will probably order x rays but i dont care. this is getting so dangerous for me. i used to fall in the floor a lot but hadnt done that in a while so thought i could stand getting my face pasted into the keyboard a few times. lol. but then sometimes it drives my glasses into my nose. not the case this time though. well, guess we all have these things but i feel sorry for you because i know how it hurts. gentle hugs....ski
  11. skikat

skikat New Member

soooo sorry! i really am as i tok one bad one last night. i was in my computer chaair and sometimes i fall into the computer moniter or on the keyboard and am out for a couple hours .soooo anyway, i had already fallen into the keyboard twice so i turned my chair towards the door for awhile and just rested as i had just took morphine. well--- i went out like a light and instead of my head just falling over, my head went first and then my whole body . right through the open door on my face and knees and almost into the piano! today my eyebrow area and all of my nose, wrists where i tried to catch myself and knees and upper thighs are really sore. if it doesnt let up by tonorrow afternoon i am going to o to dr. he will probably order x rays but i dont care. this is getting so dangerous for me. i used to fall in the floor a lot but hadnt done that in a while so thought i could stand getting my face pasted into the keyboard a few times. lol. but then sometimes it drives my glasses into my nose. not the case this time though. well, guess we all have these things but i feel sorry for you because i know how it hurts. gentle hugs....ski
  12. skikat

skikat New Member

13. skikat

skikat New Member

14. skikat

skikat New Member

15. momof471

momof471 New Member

sorry about your fall. Its a big joke around the house about where I will land next! In December I fell one day, then turned around the next and fell again. I had matching huge purple pruises on my knees and upper shins! Took forever to go away it felt like! Take care of yourself and hope you feel better quickly!
  16. Engel

Engel New Member

Gosh ski ... that is far worse than my fall. So it appears that falls are quite common for us :-( .

Hi Goldy & Mom ... ((((((((( hugs all )))))))))

The fear of falling is a real issue. I agree about mis-steps ... I notice that too. I find I also "misjudge" distances now. This sucks.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/12/2007]
  17. skikat

skikat New Member

hey now...lol i have teacups, soup cups,coffee cups and well, youre right I DO HAVE HICCUPPS! and i am glad because it helps me to hear that i am still alive and i dont have to keep getting up and looking in that darn mirror. thanks hon, for telling me. lol have a good one---skki...darn, i have them again!