Took a Header off the porch

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kredca4, Oct 11, 2002.

1. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I took a good tumble this time, I fall alot due to having MPS, the trigger point's called the SCM's make me fall a lot.

This time was a dozzy, my neighbors saw me and had to go get the Hubby last night. My poor dog, I scared him, then when I didn't get up, he came over and started licking my face, by that time the neighbors and the hubby reached me.

I HURT from head to toe on the left side, my knees all swollen, and my low back is paining me so bad I can't sit, or lay down for very long.

I have Spinal Stenosis, also Degenertive Disc disease and have some disc that need to be repaired, but I keep putting it off. Trouble is that when the SCM's start hurting they make the neck worse and vise versa.

I guess I had better call the Dr. just so they can make a note in my chart that I fell again. I don't think I Broke anything, but if I'm hurtin like this on Monday, I'll have to go in and see him.

In the meantime, it's Hot Shower's, moist heat packs, and sine there is no swelling I will skip the ice packs.
    I have Pain meds so I think they will take care of the pain.

Dang, at least I didn't brake my neck or leg or arm, just landed on the Butt, lol, lots of padding there for a Skinny gal.

Hubby's fixing the stairs for me now. Bless his Heart it's His Birthday and he's spending it taking care of me.

Hope everyone has a Safe weekend and may it be full of Sunshine and Stressfree.
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I took a good tumble this time, I fall alot due to having MPS, the trigger point's called the SCM's make me fall a lot.

This time was a dozzy, my neighbors saw me and had to go get the Hubby last night. My poor dog, I scared him, then when I didn't get up, he came over and started licking my face, by that time the neighbors and the hubby reached me.

I HURT from head to toe on the left side, my knees all swollen, and my low back is paining me so bad I can't sit, or lay down for very long.

I have Spinal Stenosis, also Degenertive Disc disease and have some disc that need to be repaired, but I keep putting it off. Trouble is that when the SCM's start hurting they make the neck worse and vise versa.

I guess I had better call the Dr. just so they can make a note in my chart that I fell again. I don't think I Broke anything, but if I'm hurtin like this on Monday, I'll have to go in and see him.

In the meantime, it's Hot Shower's, moist heat packs, and sine there is no swelling I will skip the ice packs.
    I have Pain meds so I think they will take care of the pain.

Dang, at least I didn't brake my neck or leg or arm, just landed on the Butt, lol, lots of padding there for a Skinny gal.

Hubby's fixing the stairs for me now. Bless his Heart it's His Birthday and he's spending it taking care of me.

Hope everyone has a Safe weekend and may it be full of Sunshine and Stressfree.
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  3. PMangels

PMangels New Member

That was quite a tumble...I'm sure glad you didn't break any bones. You wished us a safe weekend...I think I will wish you a safe and happy weekend. Do not take anymore tumbles and I hope your pain is not to severe.

Gentle (((hugs)))
    Arlene
  4. motg

motg New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your fall I hope that you will feal better soon
    Barb
  5. crickett

crickett New Member

I feel so bad for you and know how painful it must be, and I hope you feel better sooon!!! :) Relax and soak in a nice warm tub...

Just a note to inform all that if you ever think of applying for Long Term Health Insurance, if you admit you have fallen in the past, they will probably deny you. My husband and I (he retired early at age 56 with a lump sum pay out) He has a long history of heart disease. He has had bypass, a heart attack and a number of stents (6). He was able to to get Long Term Health Insurance. I was not. I answered that I had Fibro, a little osteoarthtis and that I had fallen in the past. They refused me. Partially because of my weight, I'm sure, and the fact of falling. I fell down a flight of stairs when I was 2, I was thrown from a horse at age 17 and I turned my ankle after stepping in a hole and fell while walking in pitch black darkness at a cabin on a lake, and slipped on a wet floor at the hospital where I worked.
    I don't think you can avoid them finding out though, because they do a background check and get records from everyone. We both thought this would be good idea, because if something happens to him, I know that I can't take care of him, and will I probaly need assistance not too long down the road. He does almost everything for me now, laundry, all cleaning, dishes and clearing and setting of the table. All I'm able to do is dress myself, do a little grocery shopping, and a little cooking. Today I felt so bad, for the first time I had to rest between putting on my socks. (by the way I just had a long pause,because for the life of me I couldn't remember how to spell WET) fog?? brain fart?? what??.

And don't forget the infamous I've fallen and can't get up.
    That is the scareiest
  6. herblady

herblady New Member

ooooo i know that had to hurt! make sure and take that pain medication. take it easy. if you have to go the dr. let us know what happens. take care honey. cindi
  7. jeanann

jeanann New Member

I am glad you had folks around to help you. And give your hubby a big kudo for being such a great guy!!!! Hope you feel better. Take it easy. love ya jeanann
  8. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I think that I will have to call the Dr tomorrow, my knee is hurting like crazy, I may have retore the cartlidge in the left one. I have had it operated on before, and it didn't fix the problem, I still have the same Pain.
    I have a Great Orthopedic Surgeon, so if I did do some damage, at least I'm in good hands this time.

My neck is Stiff and sore and so is the arm that I landed on, I do have a Nice bruise on my Butt. Oh well I'll live, always have so far. ;o)
    Hubby fixed the stairs, yeah, and he's taking Good care of me. Hmmmm maybe he does Get It after all, lol.

Hope you all have a Great Day/Evening too,

Sincerely
    kredca4
  9. jetmek

jetmek New Member

Sharon Im glad you didnt get hurt bad I have put an order in for a ton of pillows to be put in your yard lol . Im glad you have an understanding hubby does he have any brothers lol im thinkin bout trading my hubby in lol . But im glad your well Be safe
    Huggles Jenny