Took the bone marrow.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BronzeWomn, Sep 23, 2006.

1. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

Well girls the lastest news about the bone marrow test I took I promise to let u all know. The lst test the drs at the hospital did it and they didnt do it correctly so my local dr had to do it in the office after 2 weeks.
    I took it yesterday Friday. Thanks girls for telling me about the pain. My hubby was there and I had taken to ALEIVES..B4 i went. LOL. Cause everyone i asked said it hurt to take that test. It hurt that bad..but, the dr had a hard time getting a larger enought bone for the lab. He was just a pushing and drilling..he was very nice talk to me the entire time and told me to let him kow if i have pain running like up and down my legs ..well i did and he move numb me more with the lanocane. Last stage hurt the most..after he got to the bone..he said it was hard to get into..well then the nurse said u were a troop..i told my hubby i bet they tell that to all there patients..then the nurse vickie asked me was i angry with them cause wasn't talking. I said ..o no..if anything iam angry with my body for not acting right. They did take blood b4 i had the test just to see if the white and red blood cells went up..but..no luck. I told them i had taked aleive b4 i came to have the test. It pain but it wasn't unbearable. I told pain meds for the rest of the day and slept with the sleeping pad all nite. I am still tender to the touch. In the mean time I am gonna try and not pay for that lst test.cause they didnt even go inside my bones..
    Ok, I will know my results in 2 weeks from my yesterday test..
  2. azbubba

azbubba New Member

I had to have this test done. Not a lot of fun...and I was sore for a long time afterward, but doc told me that it was rare that someone takes as long as I did to recover.

Just curious...I know you've probably posted something before...but why did the doctors ask you to have this biopsy done? For me it was because my white blood cell count was (and still is) high.

Gentle hugs,
    Bubba
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

God bless you, you were very brave and I hope you don't have a thing that is even called cancer of any kind!

I was reading some of your posts, and saw you stopped gabapentin, and I wanted to tell you that I have some socks that are very tight elastic crew-sock tops, and they help my neuropathy in my feet and ankles a lot. Maybe something like that could help yours.

I have no idea where I got them! Maybe from a diabetic section of a Foot Smart catalogue, but don't know...maybe your doctor can tell you, or the nurse.

Best wishes for a good clean non-diagnosis and feeling better soon!

findmind

4. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

azbubba I had to take the test because my white and red blood cells keep dropping. Iam goin thur menapause so I don't know what the problem is. I am sore and my back hurt alot. I went to church today..i m still taking the aleive.
  5. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

azbubba, what did the doctors do for you with the cells being hign after u had the test?
  6. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

Findmind. I don't kow if i can where the socks my silly body is so sensitive to tight fitting things and elastic on my legs, I cut my pantyhose at the top around my waist cause i have pokie out tummy. Thanks for the help. Be blessed.
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

....thank you so much for doing the test!!! I'm the one who wrote you before who has leukemia...there are many reasons for doing a bone marrow biopsy, and that is only one. I'm going to hope and pray your bone marrow test shows nothing abnormal at all, and only rules stuff OUT.

But I'm very proud of you for doing the test!! Yes, as you said, it is painful but not unbearable. It is relatively quick---even when they need to do a second sampling, and that's happened to me before, too---it is a pretty quick test; there are worse things. Often the hardest part is the soreness you feel afterward.

Remember, several folks here have had this test and responded to you about it, I think I'm maybe the only one with leukemia, so the odds are with you that it is something simple to treat! But you made the right move to get tested and rule that and other things out.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. I'm going to say a prayer for you that you feel better soon & nothing's wrong at all.

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  8. azbubba

azbubba New Member

My doctors have told me that my 'thermostat just runs high', saying that since my marrow is working correctly, there's no need to be concerned about my high white blood cell count. Therefore, they've done nothing.

On a related note, I will be going back to my family doctor as well as my hemoc next month (October). I'm cynically interested to see what they have to say now....

Bubba
  9. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

Thanks pam for the words of encouragement..will let u know.