Tool for easing trigger points

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goofgirl, Oct 10, 2008.

1. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

I just bought this thing that looks like it will be great for reaching tender spots and trigger points on my back, shoulders, feet, etc. Has anyone ever used one? Here is the link:

It looks weird, but makes sense when you see it used in the demo and pictures. I will let everyone know how well (or not) it works. I find myself constantly rubbing and pushing on my tender spots in my hands, calves, thighs, feet, neck, lower back, blah blah blah... ;-) So I thought I would try this. Also, if anyone else knows any good massage tools for this purpose, maybe you can post them for all of us.

2. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

Jam, I use my thumb and fingers to apply pressure also, the problem is my hands cramp and I can't exert the amount of pressure I need. I also can't reach areas of my back.

I went to a chiropractor recently, and she said she wanted $3900 to start me on a "program" of treatment 3x a week for 40 minutes each. I just started to cry!! How can these practitioners that are there to help us just ask for that much money up front with mere "promises" of helping us? Seems like there are so many people out there waiting to take advantage of our situations. I think it's probably helpful to go to a chiro, but I need to find a more honest one...
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

That is real similar to the Theracane that alot of us use on here for CMP. It works great for getting rid of trigger points. There is a wonderful workbook that goes with using these tools. Again alot of us have it and swear by it. It is called "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Clair Davies. Alot of us also use a ball in a sock for use on hips and buttocks where alot of trigger points can set up also as well as golf balls to use on the bottom of the feet. Another great book to have if you have CMP along with Fibro is "Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain" by Devin Starlanyl. P