Tooth aches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kalli, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Kalli

Kalli New Member

Does anyone get occasional tooth aches where just 2 or 3 of your teeth will start aching all at once even though there is nothing wrong with them? These things scare me because then I think it could be related to a heart attack. I've read that before that pain from a HA can be felt as a tooth ache in some women. It like the earaches that come and go. I have some TMJ problem but not enough to really bother me and it doesn't seem to be related to the tooth aches.

Just wondering about all of these goofy but miserable things we get.

Kalli
  2. Kalli

Kalli New Member

Does anyone get occasional tooth aches where just 2 or 3 of your teeth will start aching all at once even though there is nothing wrong with them? These things scare me because then I think it could be related to a heart attack. I've read that before that pain from a HA can be felt as a tooth ache in some women. It like the earaches that come and go. I have some TMJ problem but not enough to really bother me and it doesn't seem to be related to the tooth aches.

Just wondering about all of these goofy but miserable things we get.

Kalli
  3. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Yes I get those too. Only it's kind of like an "itchy"
    ache for me.
    I never knew it could be related to a heart attack tho...

LOVE,
    HOB
  4. mightyslo

mightyslo New Member

I get that too. I thinks it just nerve inflamation for me.

The pain for heartattacks is in the jaw I've heard.

5. lease79

lease79 New Member

all the time :(
    They make me utterly miserable :(

Lease
  6. amilyne

amilyne New Member

yes ive noticed that alot more lately..my face will realy ache in my jaw line and kindof throb but then it will go away ..its really intermittent but it will happen all night ..theres no swelling and then the next day ill be completely fine..SO WIERD...and its not like in my mouth ,its the muscles arouund my jaw line ..anyhow just another one of those stupid unexplainable fm things...bleh..
    --ami
  7. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

I have been having alot of problems with toothaches for the past few months but I know it is not a cavity and they move around sometimes one tooth and sometimes a whole side sometimes the top sometimes the bottom sometimes the right sometimes the left. Drves me crazy but someone on a post talked about a trigger point that you have that you can work on I can't explain how to find it but if you read the old post it had very good directions to find it and I did have one there. I have been working on it when I remember to in the mean time I use orajel or ambesol to get rid of the pain, it works for me. Sometimes they hurt so bad that even brushing sends me thru the roof.
  8. kellym

kellym New Member

I get the instant 2-3 tooth aches, too. It feels like something really cold hit a raw nerve, but I wasn't eating, drinking, or anything. The pain subsides after about 5-10 minutes most times. I guess since there are so many of us who get this weird tooth phenomenon, it must be FM/CFS related.
  9. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

Just wondering I think I read someplace on here before about flouride not being good for us? Could that aide in the tooth pain? I know on some days I can brush with plain water but as soon as the toothpaste hits it burns and seems to hit every nerve ending in my mouth and I have tried so many different toothpaste even the ones for sensitive teeth.Is there such a thing as a toothpaste without fluoride? Or is fluoride really not a probelm?
    Rain
  10. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

I have one particular tooth that is really a chronic problem aching and sometimes feeling a microscopic degree loose. It didn't do this until I had symptoms of CFS. My teeth are all very well taken care of and healthy. The dentist and endodontist are baffled why this tooth aches as nothing shows up on x-ray or exam. If it gets bad I usually eat something and take an advil which never fails me. I also have mild TMJ and avoid eating anything too chewy so it doesn't flair up too.

P.S. - Due to other health issues I have had a complete heart check up, MRI, cardiogram, bloodwork,stress test, etc. etc. My heart is completely healthy thankfully.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2002]
  11. Dara

Dara New Member

in fact I get what feels like a toothache where I have already had a tooth extracted years ago. I was told it was the nerves, something like neuragia (spelling???), and my teeth are and always have been extremely sensitive. I think this is discussed in one of the many books I have on Fibromyalgia. I also have problems getting numb when I go to the dentist, he said my nerves are crossed and I'm sure it all is related to the FM

Dara
  12. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I've had a regular toothache saga going on for the last month or so. Check my latest message, "Just Need to Vent!!!" for the most recent installment of my sad story. At this point, I really think my problem is related to spasming or tightening of my masseter muscle, along with referred pain. I have had TMJ problems for years, but nothing like this. I wear an NTI device at night, so my molars don't even touch. Yet I still wake up feeling as if I'd been grinding my teeth. And to top it all off, I think the tight muscles in my right jaw are pulling my teeth out of alignment. When the teeth on the right side (the painful side) touch, the teeth on the left side are still apart, and if I try to chew on the left side (where it *doesen't* hurt), the teeth on the right side get painfully mashed together! At least I don't have any temperature sensitivity. In fact, warm liquid seems to make the teeth feel better, at least temporarily.

Your comments about teeth pain being related to a heart attack are completely new to me. I never heard anything about that before.

By the way, I also get periodic pains deep in my ear. Like the pain in my lower right molars, I think that's from the jaw muscles, too.

Although I really think the teeth pain I'm experiencing is related to trigger points in my jaw muscles, it's still possible that I may *really* have problems with my teeth and need a root-canal job. At this point, I just want my docs to do all the necessary tests to figure out what's going on so that they can treat this--and then to treat it right! I'm so tired of hurting!

--Laura
  13. cls

cls New Member

I get toothaches in a certain area of my upper left side and also deep ear pain on same side. My dentist says the teeth are fine, so I attribute the pain to trigger points in the jaw or scalp area. Heart related pain in the mouth area is usually in the lower jaw and I would think some other symptoms on the left side of the body, arm, shoulder, etc. You should run it by your primary care doc though just to be on the safe side.
  14. BethM

BethM New Member

Check your local health food stores for 'natural' toothpastes. I have used one for years by Desert Essence, as commercial toothpastes irritate my mouth, especially with mint. (odd, as mint in any other form is fine for me!)My toothpaste has Tea Tree Oil in it, which is antibacterial and antiviral and antifungal. Good stuff. My dental hygienist tells me there is very little to clean when I go in for cleanings.

I, too, have tooth pain, even in one that had a root canal last April. I think it's more related to muscle pain and grinding and clenching and TMJ than actual tooth problems, though. My dentist is very unimaginative, and just wants to drill and fill, although I won't let him. Dental work throws me right into a flare.

Hope this helps..
    Beth.