Tooth Decay Is Contageous

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just heard on TV that tooth decay is caused by a strain of strep bacteria which can be passed from adults to children. A simple saliva test is being developed to ensure that parents and caregivers are not infected and passing it on to the children. Children are vulnerable at a very young age. Sugary juices should not be given to children as the sugar feeds the bacteria.

Even if it is only the baby teeth which have caries (decay) it is a serious health threat because the condition of the baby teeth set up the health of the permanent teeth when they come in.

This is for anyone considering having children, has children, comes in contact with children, and for the rest of us: I believe that bacterial and viral infections will be found to cause all kinds of ills, including ours.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just heard on TV that tooth decay is caused by a strain of strep bacteria which can be passed from adults to children. A simple saliva test is being developed to ensure that parents and caregivers are not infected and passing it on to the children. Children are vulnerable at a very young age. Sugary juices should not be given to children as the sugar feeds the bacteria.

Even if it is only the baby teeth which have caries (decay) it is a serious health threat because the condition of the baby teeth set up the health of the permanent teeth when they come in.

This is for anyone considering having children, has children, comes in contact with children, and for the rest of us: I believe that bacterial and viral infections will be found to cause all kinds of ills, including ours.

Love, Mikie
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

There are also alot of people with these invisible diseases that have had to get dentures. I am one of them! I hope they do find something to help! Maybe it will prevent someone else from having to get dentures at a young age.

Great research Mikie!!
    Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

believe that will stop it if you don't already have it. I don't like people kissing my kids on the lips because of this. Good post thank you, Kim and Gary