Tootsie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tootsie516, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Tootsie516

Tootsie516 New Member

I went to my doctor and told him that I was so sad and depressed. My mother passed away and 2 of my brothers now have lung cancer. I said I feel like I have a cloud of gloom and doom hanging over my head. Then he said "its probably the time of year, I'm not getting enough sun light".
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Better add that to the post of wacky things said by doctors.

We all know life is hard at time. It's extra hard when these things hit all at once.

Remember to take care of yourself or you won't be able to help others.
  3. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I wonder how these doctors get qualifications let alone be allowed to practice medicine on real people.
    You don't say where you are from, but the doctors are no better over here in new zealand either.

Am so sorry for the loss of your mother and then to have 2 brothers so sick, and the doctor says it's the time of the year???? How sunbathing is going to help i don't know??

Time to change doctors i think, and see if you can get one that actualy listens to what you say......
    This doc clearly heard nothing you said, your poor thing, i hate the way doctors maker you feel, like we are not worth listening to or even treated properly. I get so upset when this happens to me..... and it does happen.

Good luck on finding a doctor who will treat you and listen to you. I am in the process of that right now too.

Wishing you all the best
    maedaze :eek:)