Top 10 list of patient-rated FMS treatments

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bhodges, Sep 18, 2005.

1. bhodges

bhodges New Member

Hi,
    I thought everyone might like to see the latest Top 10 list of patient-rated Fibromyalgia treatments from RemedyFind. A little background. Remedyfind is a free, unbiased site (not sponsored by any drug companies etc.) that lets individuals rate the effectiveness of the treatments they have used for specific health conditions. I started it 4 years ago to try to find help with treatments for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (which I’ve had for some 20 years). After doing the CFS section I realized the same approach could also work for other chronic health conditions, and so the site has now grown to cover some 50 conditions and has some 85,000 members and newsletter subscribers.

Obviously this Top 10 list has to be taken with a “grain of salt”, especially with the relatively small number of ratings to date. Everyone is unique, and a treatment that works for one person with FMS won’t necessarily work for another. However, my hope is that over time and after thousands of patient ratings, certain trends might show themselves, In the future we will be adding features that allow users to view ratings according to specific sub-type, gender, age etc.. In the meantime, members say that it is simply helpful to hear other patient accounts of what has, or hasn’t, worked for them.

I’d be honored by any treatment experiences you care to share - good, bad or ugly! Ranting and raving is encouraged! The site is free and you can be as anonymous as you would like – you choose your own member name and your contact information is not shared with anyone. Here is the address of the Remedyfind FMS section -
    http://www.remedyfind.com/hc-Fibromyalgia.asp

All the best,
    Brett Hodges
    Founder / Editor

Top patient-rated FMS treatments
    As of September 17, 2005. Based on a minimum of 50 ratings. The first number is the averaged rating (0 = poorest; 10 = best). Thus, anything rated “5” or more is above average. The number in parenthesis is the number of ratings the treatment has received.

Rest 8.3 (108)
    OxyContin (Oxycodone HCl controlled-release) 7.4 (108)
    Bodywork Therapies: Therapeutic Massage 7.3 (104)
    Exercise: Aquatic Therapy 7.2 (79)
    Guaifenesin Therapy  7.2 (145)
    Flexeril etc. (Cyclobenzaprine) 5.9 (128)
    Chiropractic Therapy 5.9 (93)
    Acupuncture  5.8 (69)
    Neurontin etc. (Gabapentin) 5.8 (193)
    Elavil etc. (Amitriptyline) 5 (186)
  2. asvyper

asvyper New Member

and for me, these are the things i get so much relief from...

acupuncture, yoga, low intensity exercise, massage. definately pacing myself helps too. i don't take any meds at all.

3. bhodges

bhodges New Member

Thanks - I do hope this info, and the site, are helpful. We desperately need to gather more treatment ratings, so I would love to invite everyone to come on over and rant and rave about some of things they have tried!

The full page of FMS treatments (hundreds) can be seen here -
    http://www.remedyfind.com/all_remedies.asp?id=18

Thanks again, Brett
  4. jake123

jake123 New Member

So many people on this board have been feeling better after treatment at the FFC's across the country. I can't take supplements so I am thinking about going to do the IV vitamin thing.
  5. bhodges

bhodges New Member

What are FFC's?
  6. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

FFC = Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center

There are several around the country. I've been to the one in Seattle for the first visit. Result of first visit was good vitamins, fish oil, T3 Thyroid pills--Cytomel, a refill for hydrocodone and scripts for massage and PT. The scripts were general enough for me to direct treatment based on how I felt that day. I had the IV and I think it gave me a headstart on the energy I've been getting from the vitamins. They drew 37 vials of blood. I get results this week.

There are quite a few posts about FFC experiences. Since this ailment is so weird, everyone has a unique treatment plan.

Thanks for the list of 10.

Take care!

Francie