Top of Foot Pain and toes looking crooked...Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Aug 23, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I dunno how to explain this well enough to have others understand and then be able to help with probable causes/diagnosis...I am hurting sooooooooooo bad, I can't even think of anything other than all the pain I'm in...

For a few months, I have noticed a gnawing pain in the middle of the top of my foot...Seems to come out of nowhere, no rhyme or reason... It then seems to aggravate my three smallest toes...After a few times, I compared my feet and noticed that this same foot's three lil toes were 'crooked' or 'twisting' away from the others...I was born with beautiful feet (always been my fav body part) and aside from a twisted ankle, never had anything wrong with my feet...

It feels like bone pain to me and when I touch the area it does not hurt on the surface, you need to grab top and bottom and squeeze hard to emulate the sporadic pain I generally feel...If the pain begins early in the day, my knee becomes sore and then my hip starts to go out and ache and swell...I assume because every time I walk on it I am 'babying' the foot and walking incorrectly effecting the other joints...

By my research today, I speculate that it may be RA...I had two VERY HIGH positives many years ago and one rheumy believed that I had RA (Dad, hereditary) but in remission due to the levels going back to normal and much less pain and no visible swelling...Xrays also show nothing to explain the previous symptoms..

So I ask all of you, do you know what these symptoms could mean? The pain is getting to where I can't take it (and that's REAL bad since I haven't taken pain meds for years with FMS and OA pain constant and daily)...I am guessing that the next day or two will find me in the ER to at least get something started...My rheumy and PCP have months wait so I think I will end up with someone that will need an awful lot of info to even try to diagnose this...

Should I request an Xray if they don't recommend one? Should I go as far as asking for a RA test too?

Thanks in advance for the help...I dunno how much more of this I can take...Hubby made lunch and dinner...Been catering to me (more than usual) and I see the worry on his face...I try to keep my game face on all day every day so as not to effect him, but days like these leave me breathless from the pain...

Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention...I had neck surgery in 1995 and they took the bone from the right hip to fuse with...This is the same side and I had been wondering whether since I have had pain, swelling and generally gnawing feeling in that hip since...Could it be the hip is 'whacked' from the pain, causing me to walk crooked effecting the ligaments and such? Just another thought...But it still feels like BONE PAIN...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Bumping for the night crew...

See ya tomorrow~Alicia