Top Ten Foods You Should Never Eat mentions coconut oil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jun 30, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Top Ten Foods You Should Never Eat

1. Quaker 100% Natural Oats & Honey Granola
    A half cup of these is coated with three teaspoons of sugar and laden with more artery clogging fat than you'd get in a McDonald's hamburger. Better choices are, Grape Nuts, Wheaties, Kellogg's All-Bran, Post 100% Bran,shredded wheat, or oatmeal.

2. Bugles
    These are fried in highly saturated coconut oil. This is about twice as saturated as lard. One serving (just over a cup) gives you 40% of your daily limit of saturated fat. Baked Bugles or tortilla chips are a much better choice.

3. Buitoni Contadina Alfredo Sauce
    Does a third of a stick of butter sound good for you? That is how much is in this sauce.Try Classico Spicy Red Pepper, Tomato & Basil, Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic, or any sauces from Healthy Choice or Ragu Light. Your arteries will thank you.

4. Pizza Hut's Big New Yorker Pizza
    Is bigger really better? NO! Two slices of this pizza gives you almost a full day's saturated fat (17grams) and sodium(2.200mg), and 790 calories. And that's without sausage, pepperoni, or anything else. An entire Healthy Choice Supreme French Bread Pizza will only get you 1.5 grams of saturated fat, 580 mg of sodium and 330 calories.

5. Entenmann's Rich Frosted Donut (Variety pack size)
    Is it possible than such a yummy snack can have as much artery clogging saturated and trans fat (10grams) as nine strips of bacon? It sure is! The Entenmann's Light Donuts are a better choice, with anywhere from six to nine grams of fat per donut. Though certainly not a healthy food, they are better than the regular ones.

6. Nissin Cup Noodles with Shrimp
    These are pre-fried in palm oil, and will clog your arteries up the same as one and a half cups of whole milk. Fantastic Foods Chicken Free Ramen Noodles are a better pick in this department.

7. Burger King French Fries
    This franchise makes some of the worst french fries you can buy at a fast food restaurant.They are even worse than McDonald's Super Size Fries. The salty coating allows more oil to be absorbed. A king size order of BK fries packs a punch with 590 calories and 30 grams of fat,12 of them artery clogging.

8. Campbell's red and white label condensed soups
    Nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold day? True, but these have 1,100mg of sodium, about half the ideal quota for one day. Healthy Choice and Campbell's Healthy Request have less than half as much sodium without sacrificing any taste.

9. Frito Lay's Wow! Potato Chips
    These are fried in Olean, the indigestible fat substitute. It doesn't provide any calories, but many have suffered such severe cramps or diarrhea that they had to go to the emergency room! It also prevents the body's absorption of carotenoids.Again, try baked potato or tortilla chips.

10. Denny's Grand Slam
    2 eggs, 2 sausage links, 2 strips of bacon, and 2 pancakes. Sounds delicious right? Well, just listen to this. It contains three quarters of a day's total fat (50 grams) and saturated fat (14 grams), nearly a full day's sodium (2,240mg) and one and a half day's cholesterol (460mg). In contrast, the Denny's Slim Slam slashes the calories to 600, the fat to 12 grams, the saturated fat to 3 grams, and the cholesterol to a mere 35 mg.

Does any of this make you want to change your eating habits?

Will you pay closer attention to just what the food you eat contains?

2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

OMG, that just made me want to not eat anything...
    I don't like BK Fries at all. In-N-Out makes the best fries...Have you heard of it? They make a Double-Double with cheese that will knock your socks off. I would hate to see what the fat is in it. I do not eat there often, thank goodness...

Fast food is a killer, that is for sure..thanks Jlh I needed a reminder...
    Cindy
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Glad I'm not eating any of those foods already. I would like a slice of that pizza though, now that you mention it. :) What are arteries for? Kidding... [whistful sighs] Now, back to my diet of fish, berries and organic goatmilk.
    ((love)) Shannon
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I've never heard of In-N-Out -- they must not be in my part of the US. But just the mention of fries and a Double-Double with cheese makes my mouth water!!!!!!

Janet
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Janet,
    The times I do get the double, double cheese burger, I never get the fries anymore, I get a garden salad and if they don't have them, I make one here myself.

We don't get pizza nearly as much as we used to.

Love,
    Faye
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

How do you know which coconut oil is the good one for you, or if it's the BAD one?

Janet
  7. reckabek

reckabek New Member

try the amount of chemicals, pestesides, preservatives, and additives, that kill you slowely...forget the fat, your eating pure chemically enhanced food!!!! want cancer to anyone??? that stuff is pure garbage...i wont eat it on any given day. unless i was forced to because i had to eat out of there trash bins......hehehe
  8. sascha

sascha Member

maybe bugles or whatever use hydrogenated coc.oil. the good kind of coc.oil to get is extra-virgin, unrefined. i found some in refrigerated section of a healthfood store. i also just ordered some from Garden of Life.
    VCO is delicious to cook with, and goes really well with blender drinks.
    can look up benefits online (Dr. Mercola is one advocate). i've been on VCO plan for over a month now, and have noticed many CFIDS symptoms have decreased. i could list a bunch of them. i will continue to monitor myself for cholesterol and thyroid as i go. but do not buy refined coc.oil or hyrogenated! best, sascha
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

Well, unfortunately, I am a pretty good fan of junk food!!! Have to admit that I love every bit of it!!
  10. millennia

millennia New Member

No In and out here on the east coast. But hopefully soon I'll be moving out to the West coast for good and then I can have In and Out and Carl's Jr. (which we also don't have here in NYC). I have to imagine that In and Out and Carl's Jr. have to be better for you than McDonald's and Burger King (not saying they're good for you, just better), it seems like they use real meat in those!!