Topamax question

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Belladonna3, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Belladonna3

Belladonna3 Guest

Hi Guys,

I don't know if any of you remember me. I haven't been around for a while. Sooooo, Hi all!

Anyway, I am recuperating from back surgery which is a whole other story...sigh...

Does anyone use Topamax for FM pain? How much do you use and does it help? I am curious.

Thanks.

Hugs to all,

Belladonna3
  2. Daisy101

Daisy101 New Member

Belladonna3,
    I take this, but they actually have given it to me for small-fiber peripheral neuropathy. I never thought about it, but I think it does help with the FM pain too. I have been on it for at least 5 years at different dosages. I am taking 400 mg daily with 4 other meds and I know that is the one that causes the most drowsiness and the most fatigue. I wish I could answer you better. Blessings. DaisyFL
  3. Dee33K

Dee33K New Member

I take Topamax. I would say it took my level of pain from a 9-10 to a 6-7. It took away the numbness and tingling altogether.

I had to increase the dosage very slowly. From 25mg up. It took me about a year to get to 200 mg. I would say it gave me MORE energy not less.

Blessings,
    Dee
  4. meesch

meesch New Member

I am taking Topamax for headaches but the side effect of weight loss is an added bonus. I have only been on it for a week and a half now and just increased to 25 MG twice a day 2 days ago. Has anyone had any weight loss with this drug? If so how quickly did it happen and at what dosage?
  5. lachisholm

lachisholm New Member

Hi Guys,

I have been taking Topamax 300mg a day for a while now for my headache's. I have seen a very rapid weight loss over a six month period of about 50 lbs. Now it has leveled out but it seems to keep my headace's more under control then before so I can cope more with day to day life without the severe headache pain. Hope this info will help!
  6. bullfrog

bullfrog New Member

Hello,
    I am new here but I thought I would reply to your question. I was given Tomamax about 2 years ago for headaches and muscle aches before I was diagnosed with Fibro but I didn't see any help from it. The only thing it did was make the brain fog worse. I couldn't even spell my own name while I was taking it. I hope you have better luck with it than I did.
    Best of luck.
    -bullfrog