Topamax Withdrawals Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jsshutt, Feb 15, 2006.

1. jsshutt

jsshutt Member

I was losing some hair and the Topamax didn't seem to do much for me as far as sleep or weight (but did for my headaches which I was not looking forward to having again).

When I went on Lunesta, which has less side affects, I weaned off Topamax. I stopped losing hair and started getting the headaches again, but didnt attribute the twitch (almost Bell's Palsy) in my left eye to it. I had just gotten different contacts and thought that was the reason. The eye dr says it must be the Lyme.

When I decided to just go back on the topamax because of the headaches and I wasnt successful finding an all natural appetite suppressor, the twitch stopped. It was unbearable when I had it and in photos, my eyelid was hanging all the time.
    I too, am on the Cymbalta, Wellbutrin, Klonopin combo. Plus Strattera for ADD.
    Would love to get off of some pills. Doc says: Why? If they all do something to make you feel better.....

Anyone have withdrawals like that from Tomamax?
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Topomax really didn't agree with me and I didn't take it long, so no withdrawals happened.

I know several people who are on it and it works well for them. So....I don't know.Maybe someone will see this and relate.

Sorry all of this is happening. Migraines are awful!

Sue
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Bumping for more responses