Topamax

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ABLUV, Aug 20, 2006.

1. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Got a question or two

Does Topamax mess up menstral cycles? Does it easily run out of the body thru urine? And what type of withdrawal symptoms does it have it I forget to take it for a day or two?
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

for abluv. Can't help, haven't use it!

Raz
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,

I take it but do not know about any of the things you are talking about.

Sorry! But have you tried to Google it?

Why about the urine though? Just curious.

I have forgotten to take it for a couple of days before and it hasn't messed me up.

Good luck!

kate
  4. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

i take topamax. it has never messed up my cycle and i forget it here and there. i once forgot it for a week and no problems. Are you taking other things to? that might help.

Angell
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I take Topamax for migraines and I have had no problems with any withdrawal symptoms when I have forgotten to take it for a day or two I just pick up on my normal dosing schedule.

I am not sure on you other two questions have you looked on Rx List for more information?

http://www.rxlist.com

Good luck,

Karen :)
  6. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

I've taken Topamax for some time now for reasons other than Fibro. I was told by my doctor that it is very dangerous to miss even one dose and that if you are not very good at taking pills timely, it might not be right for you. It does something to the siezure threshold and may cause you to have a seizure if you miss a dose. Withdrawl symptoms are also a general feeling of malaise...you actually feel really sick like you have a virus or something. I have also experienced really bad headaches and mood swings. My suggestion is to try not to miss taking it.