Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blueeyedgrl73, Jul 29, 2011.

1. blueeyedgrl73

blueeyedgrl73 New Member

Have any of you taken this? I just started this again for migraines and it is helping with my fibro symptoms! I also have RA and sometimes it's hard to determine what hurts if you know what I mean, but now that my skin and muscles aren't hurting as much I'm realizing how much better I feel, not to mention the headaches are better. I just thought I would mention this in case this may help some of you. Now I'm realizing that some of my pain wasn't due to the RA but was due to the fibro.

Stupid autoimmune diseases GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. serenityskyline

serenityskyline New Member

I have been taking max over a year I think. I take it for just for my fibromyalgia. It is the only thing that I have found so far that helps. I take 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg in the evening. I still have migraines every now and then. But it does help.

God Bless and good luck.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

From our FMS symptoms, it frees us up to work on our other symptoms/conditions. I did the Guai Protocol to help reverse the symptoms of FMS and it helped not only with pain, but allowed me to work on my CFIDS/ME which, for me, was the worse of the two. Now, it appears I have Sjogrens and both OA and RA, so I'm glad not to have to deal with the symptoms of FMS.

Sending hugs.

Love, Mikie
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I think it's been about 3 yrs now that I've been on it. I haven't noticed much of a difference, I think I did in the beginning, but I am getting headaches like crazy. I am going to lower the dose as I don't see it helping with anything anymore and why put all of that in my body if it's not doing anything? I'll then see if it IS helping if I lower the dose.

I remember when I started, the side effects for that first 3 weeks. Whoa - I couldn't find words for anything! Luckily that didn't last too long.

I've got to find something to help my headaches now. they're not migraines, but tension headaches that last up to 4 days - horrific pain.
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

May I ask what dose has helped you? My doc has given me a dose of two 25mg Topamax per day, so 50mg per day altogether and I have noticed no benefits at all after a month... Could you tell me what dose you've had relief with? Perhaps I need a higher dose... Thanks :)
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2011]
  6. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Hoping you'll see this :)
  7. shelbo

shelbo New Member