Topical rubs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by cher4, Apr 22, 2005.

1. cher4

cher4 New Member

Does any one use topical rubs like A535? Just wondering what works for you? I hate taking so many pain meds. Also was wondering about the cold gel.
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hi
    i use deep heat on my back and shoulders.ive said in a previous post about it.the relief is only temperary but its immediate.i can smile and relax for half an hour:)
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

using the Walgreen's brand "ReFlex"
    but they've quit making it now. I like something that leaves a cold feeling afterward rather than the heat. I've tried so many, even the FlexAll which was supposed to be what the Walgreen's brand was equal to..but the Walgreen's worked and the
    other didn't. Most things we've tried I can't even feel anything was put on within five minutes.

When I was a kid before FM, I could always seem to turn pain into cold and it would go away. I can't do it
    with my mind any more (no mind?) but
    I'd sure like to find another rub that works.

4. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Icy Hot is my favorite. It works every where. First it's cold then it's hot so anything that hurts is taken care of one way or another. If I'm having a very painful day, week, etc. I use it every night before I go to sleep. I wake up feeling so much better.

To avoid the stench of rubs I use Ben Gay's vanishing scent. It doesn't work as well but it does provide some relief.

shananegans
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

Are these harmful in any way?
  6. DonnaSR

DonnaSR New Member

I use one called Topricin. It is a homeopathic rub and works very well. I get it from my doctor, but you can order it on-line as well.

Donna
  7. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I use the Icy Hot as well. It is OK I really liked the Biofreeze samples that I got from my chiropractor when I was going. I haven't seen it at Walmart, Wallgreens or those type stores. It is sold on the internet and I have seen it at the Flea Market. It is expensive but I liked it
  8. KCRedtail

KCRedtail New Member

I like my biofreeze. The best place to buy it is from a physical therapist. I am lucky that my sister is one so I got to buy it by the gallon. It is cheaper from them rather then biofreezes website. Very rare to find it sold in stores.
    debbie does biofreeze

9. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

This is an Old Link:

I love Topricin....it's the closest to healing of all rubs I use. There are many customer reviews online and everyone seems to LOVE IT....tad pricier but worth every penny....jam
  10. Allen

Allen Member

I use a hot/cold pack called Bed Buddy. I put it in microwave for up to 2 minutes and then put it on my lower back.
    Since most of us feel like we have been hit by a truck when we wake up, it helps reduce the pain in lower back which is complicated by arthritis and bulging discs. Go on line to Amazon and order there.
    Allen
  11. jaminhealth

Well, Allen, the Bed Buddy sounds pretty good, but I don't own a micro....and no plans to ever....but I'm a rare bird in that micro world. jam

I use Zyflamend and have been taking for maybe 6 months and wasn't sure if it was helping, so I ran out a few days ago and my back/knee etc. all were feeling worse, so the lightbulb went on, the Zyflamend....so I just ordered 2 bottles of the 180 tiny caps I've been using......
  12. canchaser3020

canchaser3020 Member

If it is only heat you are looking for, I use a heated mattress pad. There is more heat by your feet and less by your upper body.
  13. tig519

tig519 Member

Anything with Capsiacin (chili pepper!)- It can sometimes take a few applications, but works well. Do NOT put it in or close to any mucus areas- it WILL burn and not in a good way.
  14. jaminhealth

Topricin is the BEST... price wise it's probably no more than others...one can get the 8 oz bottle for under $22, I just got my shipment of 3 bottles and this says a lot.....this product contains 11 homeopathic remedies which are all dedicated to pain issues and areas of the body.. Homeopathy can really work.....nothing totally heals, but as I see it, this product comes the closest.
  15. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I absolutely love Polar Lotion by Biotin. It really help dull the pain so you can relax. If I have a particularly painful area I will apply it then after awhile because it has help so much I can feel the next area that is painful and then apply it in the next painful area, and so on and on... I've been using it for well over 10 yrs and nothing else I've used has compared. Not even Biofreeze.

I order it on line from a massage outlet store, and a liter (32 oz) with shipping and tax cost me about $65, ALOT cheaper than this other stuff Jamin was talking about, and it last me at least 1 yr.