Toradol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hi All!

Just came from the doc. Had horrible hip pain. Moved just wrong so that my hip locked up. Didn't take much, but it is just killing me.

I tried the acupressure with the tennis ball and it does help, but not for very long. Any relief is a good thing however!

Doc gave me a shot of Toradol and a shot of steriods. He said the Toradol should work for about 4 to 6 hours and then the steriods would work for much longer. The idea is to get the inflamation to go down.

It's been 45 minutes and it isn't better (LOL)! I would just love to have them wave that magic suringe and make me all well!

Anyone else have treatment with Toradol? Any luck?

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi Greenbean,

That would be nice if they had a magic suringe that would make you well. I wish they did.

OUCH so sorry your in so much pain, i have never tried the toradol, but i hope it works for you.

Try to hang in there my heart goes out to you. Take care.

GOOD LUCK, TAMMY
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

HI
    sorry to hear your fighting another painful thing!! I take a med called Tramadol, it might be in the same family as Toradol ! Have you tried a rice pack or heating pad? or maybe a soak in the tub?......................I Hope your better very soon!!.....................................................We have to stay well so we can use our antique kitchen tools!!lol......................................................Mostly i just display them (for me to look at!) but i do use them also ! it's fun! the old tools were made to last! and i know that because we have them!! Hugs.................Feel better! sydney
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Syd: I just love my potato peeler. When my old old (LOL) one broke I had to go to an antique shop to get a new old one!

Tam: I'd like to invent that magic syringe! I could be world famous and a multi-millionaire. Of course I would only use my money for good, like finding a cure!!

Took a hot bath this morning before work. Had a little trouble getting out of the tub! But I made it and I'm at work. It does help to keep my mind of the pain.

I finally took a hydrocodone. The Toradol may help, but it hasn't yet (about 2 hours now) and I just couldn't wait any longer!

I'm thinking of going to Safeway at lunch and picking up a bag of dry beans or some rice. I can put that in the microwave and then put it on my hip. Didn't try the heating pad yesterday, but probably should have!

Last weekend I helped my youngest daugher (21) move out of my Mom's house. She's lived there about a year and a half and Mom was making her crazy. Going through her stuff, complaining that she was never there, and then complaining that she was. So I went up and kept the peace while my sis, DD's boyfriend (a real find by the way, keep your fingers crossed), DD and I sorted, packed, tossed, and just generally made a big mess! Moving is like that.

Then I went back up on Sunday (it's about an hours drive) and helped DD, boyfriend, and his dad get everything out. Mostly I stayed out of the way and pushed DD to move faster! Then I cleaned the bathroom and the bedroom after everything was out. I got nothing done at home, so this weekend I thought I would try to catch up. Obviously, I didn't catch up! But, last weekend may be why I got hurt this weekend. DD was helping me off the floor whenever I got down there last weekend, but I still had major thigh/hip pain all week.

Wow, I feel better just venting! I don't know what I would do without this website! This is where I get all my support, empathy, and tips on how to survive. Thank you all!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/17/2006]
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Sounds like your keeping DDB Busy!! lol thats good the more they do the last you have to!! Thankfully when my girls move somewhere now i don't Help anymore!! It's nice!!
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

.... I thought the post title was Tornado!

Good luck with your treatment from hot, sticky Michigan.

Marta

7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

We don't get too many tornados in central Washington! It is hot, around 95 - 105 this week, but our humidity is under 20% so it isn't as bad as where the humidity is high.

I lived in Oklahoma for about a year and we had them there!!

There have been reports of tornados around here, but it is very rare and I've never heard of any damage done.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

8. jake123

jake123 New Member

It is an antiinflammatory and works really good but you can't take it all the time because it will mess up your liver.

When I have gone to the ER the doctor there gives me Toradol in my IV because a migraine for me also involves all my joints (very painful).
  9. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thanks!

I think they've given it to me when I had a migraine, too.

They usually give me demeral and phenagrin (sp?) and when that hasn't worked really well they have given me Toradol. Last time they gave me the dem and phen and then stadahl.

I don't care what they give me when I have a migraine as long as it puts me out!

They gave me an injection this morning and it does seem to be a little better, but not a lot.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies.
  10. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Tordol has never done a darn thing for me! I had them all including phenegren and the only thing that finally worked was morphine! This was for a migraine that wouldn't go away for 4 days! I have only had a few migraines in my life and the only thing that works for them and any other severe pain has been morphine. I wish they would just give it to me in the first place instead of having to go through all the other ones!

Take care, Sally
  11. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

My hubby has recently been having trouble with kidney stones, and both times he went the ER they gave him a shot of Toradol and it worked like a charm for him! Relief in minutes!
  12. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have been given Toradol in pill form and they gave me panic attacks , which could have been from the pain that the pill did not do a thing for.

I have had injections of Toradol and it does NOTHING. I think for me that a shot of surger water would do more for my pain than Toradol would do. But this is just my oppion and thoughts.

Toradol is a non steriodal pain medication. The pills are to be taken as soon as you think you have pain and if it works your pain will not get any worse and it will go away, if it does not work your still in pain.

The injections I have heard work better but since they don't do any thing to help me I don't use them and will not ever use them again as it was and is a waste of time and money,and it leaves me in more pain than before as i can't take anything else for a couple of hours after it.

Rosemarie
  13. MamaR

MamaR New Member

It is my back up med...I call it. When I am in my most severe pain... my hubby gives me a shot. I try to relax, and in a few minutes the severe pain is less severe.

The pain level goes from about 10 to 3 in a few minutes, most times. The time period of relief from the shot varies. Sometimes I feel relief for a day or so..even up to a week... and then, sometimes only a day.
    But, I truly don't know what I would do without them because I can't tolerate the narcotic drugs....even if I could get them!

Wishing you the best with this. I have found that they work better sometimes than others.

Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 07/17/2006]
  14. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thanks, Mari.

They gave me an injection and actually within a couple hours I did feel better.

They also gave me a shot of steriods.

The idea is that the Toradol will work fairly quickly, but it wears off. The steriods give a longer period of relief. At this point doc just wanted to get the inflamation under control.

The pain is there this morning, but not nearly as bad as yesterday.

Thanks again everyone for your help and support!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

15. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

and all it did was make me sick to my stomach for about 4 days. Dont want that again.

Suzette
  16. MamaR

MamaR New Member

As you well know, all meds have different reactions to each individual, but I did have upset stomache a few times, but, it is mainly in form of stomache cramps and going to the potty! I have noticed... if I eat a bit before a shot... that usually takes care of the upset stomache.

Mari
  17. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thanks for the input.

The reason doc went with injection was to avoid the upset tummy I get with anti-inflamatory medications by mouth. Didn't have any tummy trouble yesterday and my tummy feels fine today.

Wouldn't mind if it loosened up my bowels a bit! All the pain meds make me a little constipated.

Thanks some more!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

18. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I will do just that this afternoon.....smell the puppies!

My son is bringing my grandpuppies over to see me! I will certainly stop and SQUEEZE and smell those sweet things.

The older one is SO very smart. You would think that he is a person sometimes. His daughter is a mess...but so sweet. They are pitt bull, but the most loving, gentle, obedient dogs.
    That proves, if a dog is started off right, it will be a good dog. It is sad that a few abused animals can cause a whole breed to carry a bad name.

Love....Mari
  19. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Oh, Mari! I fully agree about pits.

I also think it is a shame that so many types of bull terriors have been lumped into the "pit" catagory!

I would love to own a Stafford bull terrior. Most people would call it a pit bull.

My brother had the most loveable American pit bull. Spiderman had been raised in a loving home and was part of the family. Wonderful dog!

He also had a female, Sugar, who had been raised by someone else. She was horrible.

The right environment and training are absolutely vital with these high energy dogs!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

20. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Actually, toradol is a pretty good analgesic. I used to give it to my operative patients,particularly orthopedic, and GYN enough before I awakened them, for it to hit its' peak.

It greatly decreased their pain and need for narcotics.

I hope it clicks in and helps you. It is an NSAID, so you could take a Tylenol with it.