Torn Rotator Cuff?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

As many of you know I fell last week, well I figured by today I would feel somewhat better.

I do feel a little better except in my arm, I have never had a torn rotator cuff and am wondering what it feels like, it hurts to use that arm at all.

I am also wondering if I just pulled a muscle in there could anyone let me know what it feels like to have a torn rotator cuff?

Thnaks for any info you can give me, Pamela
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I knew someone who had one and she said the pain was just awful. She had surgery for it. I have problems with my left neck/shoulder/arm/hand and I sometimes wonder if it is rotator cuff so I hope you get a better reply as i would be interested too.

I am sorry you are having this on top of the DD.

LOve Anne C
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I didn't know I had one until the doctor told me the results of the MRI!

My LEFT shoulder had problems about five years ago -- MRI showed inflammation and bone spurs. I had trouble lifting it while it was crossed in front of me...it was plain impossible to lift! It only hurt when I had to hold it above a 45-degree angle.

My RIGHT shoulder had problems about a year ago. I thought I was just sleeping on it funny, or that it had bone spurs like the other side. If it was feeling okay, but if I was kind of startled all of a sudden, it would burn and hurt something awful -- as if I'd ripped something and my arm was suddenly too heavy to hold up. It was sort of tender in the top, front area of the joint. MRI showed partial tear. The orthopedist wants to do surgery, but I had PT for a couple of weeks last spring, and the pain went away.

The pain comes back now and then -- my brother-in-law had the same thing, just worse. He was brave enough to have the surgery and is again at 100-percent in a little over a month.

I'm still trying to decide!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2006]