Tornados rip through central Florida Feb 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xchocoholic, Feb 2, 2007.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Check this out ... and

The injured and death stats are changing all the time ...

There was major damage ...

Luckily we didn't get any of in my area ... Marcia
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank heaven your area was not involved.

I've been praying and wondering about others, here, who might live in the areas affected..

3. Catseye

Catseye Member

As soon as I heard about it I was hoping it didn't mess with you. My friends in Tallahassee got tons of rain but nothing broken.

Those fox video remind me of Port Charlotte, wow, what a mess!

I hope people in trailers know that the weather channel dot com site has an automated system you can sign up for where they phone your house in case of bad weather. Otherwise, they're doomed. I hope the news mentions it.

glad you're okay!

4. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I immediately called my DD in Tampa and she's fine.Next I called my 2 sisters that live close to THE VILLAGES and they are good but towns all around them got hit.We have land close to Ocala for retirement and I thought we would be pretty safe being so Central but not anymore.
  5. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I am just amazed at the damage. Plenty of traditionally built homes were destroyed as well as mobile homes.

The Villages, they are referring to, is a well known retirement community.

I saw a picture of a semi on I4 this morning where the cab was separated from it's wheel base. I don't know what happened to the driver ...

My 72 year old cousin was considering moving to that area this past summer. Good thing she didn't ... Marcia