Torodal Shot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Mar 14, 2011.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I was in a terrible flare up, went to PCP and he gave me a shot of Torodal. It helped me. Anyone had one?
  2. momof27

momof27 New Member

It works great but leave it alone unless you just can't take the pain addicting
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Addicting? I don't think you can have that much to get addicted. If you were to get an oral dose, you can only take for 5 days max.
    Toradol usually helps pain with inflammation - often given after surgery. In a lot of patients, elderly especially, they really need to be careful because of the side effects, that's why one can only take it for a short period.

I do know a person who used to get Toradal shots for migraines. My Dad had it after his knee replacement because he couldn't take any other pain medication.

Toradal is not a narcotic, it's an NSAID

I'm glad it helped you luv. What do you normally take for pain?
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I was given toradol after my hysterectomy. Actually, I should say given the option as I didn't need it. I know, I know I was one very lucky person.

Several years ago when I ended up in the ER because of a horrific flare, I was given Toradol and it did help.

From what I remember the doctor said it is equivalent to morphine yet doesn't make you "high". It did take away the pain.

At the time it did not bother my stomach. However, since then I have developed IBS so it might have a different effect if I took it today.

Take care.