Total Body Cleanse...anyone know of a good one?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggygirl, Nov 28, 2006.

1. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

I read an insert in National Geographic advertising for a total body cleanse, particularly parasites. Their symptom list sounds like they are describing me and they say that 8 out of 10 of us are infested.

I'm always very leary of taking something thru the mail or without knowing about the company and if they are legit. The name of the company is "Natural Medicine Associates" from Hollywood, Fl.

Has anyone heard of this company and if not, any suggestions on a cleanse that also kills parasites (and not me)?

Thanks,

Foggygirl
  2. mellaart1011

mellaart1011 New Member

I do Wheat Grass and flaxseed oil, the wheat grass is high in vitamins, minerals and fiber, and the flaseed oil pushes everything out, I do the wheat grass for 10 days and the flaxseed for the last 3-4 days, the only thing that I eat in that 10 days are small, light meals, nothing heavy mostly fruit, and veggies and lots of water/teas, stay away from heavy cheeses and meats, get protein from beans and lentils

hope you find something good that works for you

cheers
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I have been taking a product called Colonix, which I purchased by googling just that name. (Some other people on the board mentioned it.) It has a combination of psyllium and herbs (for general cleansing), parasite herbs in capsules, and tea that includes senna (to increase movement).

I was using it every day for a while, until one day I got what seemed like a mildly toxic reaction. I thought that perhaps that was in response to something embedded in my intestines being scraped off.

Since I was about to start an antiviral trial, I decided to be a bit more conservative. I've been alternating it with regular Metamucil capsules. (I take the parasite stuff every day, though. Plus a tiny bit of senna or cascara sagrada.)

I don't know exactly what this is doing, but my bowel movements have changed from 1-2 per week (I had gotten particularly bad recently but have been fairly constipated ever since I was a child) to 1-3 per day. That in itself has made me feel much better.

I have no idea whether this is better or worse than other products on the market. (It wasn't terribly cheap.) But since I've been able to tolerate it, I'll probably stick with it. I'm not intolerably allergic to that many things, but you never know.

Good luck. Write again if you want to share more experiences.
  4. kimkane

kimkane New Member

I do a product called .pare-a -ware-pack. It is for deep colon cleasing, and a parasite one also.

It works great for me. No burning etc.

Do a google on ...para-way-pack.

It works, Kim
  5. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Thank you all for the good advice.

I really feel I need to do a cleanse but am concerned because it appears that I have developed IBS--I have diahrrea (sp?) nearly all the time now and thought a cleanse might make it worse or cause problems--or maybe it's the other way around and parasites/dirty colon the cause...??

Anyone else with diahrrea use a colon cleanse and what were your experiences?

Foggygirl