Total Exhaustion/Fatigue,.... Breathless

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Apr 15, 2007.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

When you flare really bad,...
    is it an effort to even breath?
    Do you find yourself sighing or taking deep breathes because you NEED it??

This disease is so rough some days
    Its 6;50 and I must go to bed already.
    My body can do nothing.

just wanted to ask before I bed down :)
    Thanks for reading,
    Tandy
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

Sorry you are sooooo exhausted. I am too. I managed to do some very light housework and I am totallt beat ... hard to breathe. I don't know ... Get some rest. I cannot lie down very long so I am in my recliner with heat on my back and neck and kitty cuddled on my lap. Sweet dreams.
  3. calgarychris

calgarychris New Member

Hi Tandy,

I wanted to let you know I feel that way alot as well, especially in the morning when the pain hits when you wake up.....you sort of have to breathe through it like labor pains, only no wonderful baby at the end! Back to the board, have been off working full-time at a doc's office but found it way to much with three boys. Had another boy in the last year I have been away. He is a year now and as wonderful as my other two...so quit work and a full-time mom now.

Hugs to you....and remember to just BREATHE! LOL!
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

It's an effort for me to breathe when I'm flaring badly, too. I'm usually pretty much bedridden when this happens. I think it may be related to the weakness that's a major symptom for many of us with CFS.

It's hard to breathe when you're totally exhausted. But your body needs oxygen, which is why we probably find ourselves sighing or trying to take deep breaths.

You are not alone!
  5. skikat

skikat New Member

i had been having that for about 3 weeks and nothing would help me at all to breathe. my feet and ankles and fingers swelled really badly, but i had no idea that it was related. so one night i called my dr. when i couldnt breathe. he told me " i want you to take ---mgs. of lasix (fluid pill) right now and take it again in the morning. do this 2x a day till i tell you to stop." i thought he was crazy but i did it. bingo! it stopped within 10 minutes and i havent had it since except for one night that i forgot and the same thing happened again. boy i readhed for the fluid pills. lol it stopped it again. BUT --- dont do this without talking to your dr.s first as we may have completely different things wrong. but call him and give it a try if he says go. let me know how things work our. ok? gentle hugs----ski
  6. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

Cant breathe right and i actually just realized the breathing hard yesterday. Very deep breaths cause you feel like your not gettin enough air which is really scarey
    Pain levels have been frm 8 to 12 daily (yes i know there isnt a twelve its only a 10)for about two weeks and i just fall asleep anywhere which is really agrivating my pain level cause I fall asleep sittin up all the time. Wide awake one minute and out like a light the next.
    Tam
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

Its a relief knowing that this is another symptom of a bad flare up.
    It gets scary sometimes.
    Ya never know what requires medical attention.

I feel so "in a rut"

I find myself looking around my home wanting to do so much,...but no effort or strength to do anything.

Hopefully this will lift soon~
    wheres spring??
    lol
    Hugs
    Tandy
  8. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

I have to say yes to that! My gp said this winter it was because i had aquired asthma! OMG!!!! No thats not it! But yet he has been spinning me around with the wrong diog. for a few years now, so I ask myself why would the hard to breath issue be any different :(
  9. greatgran

greatgran Member

Tandy, have you had your oxygen levels checked? The disease or symptom whatever we have is horrible..

It takes me a week to do what I use to do in a day or a half a day..

My last doctor's visits she wanted me to do an overnight pulse ox, which I did and my oxygen levels drop at night.
    I have read that those of us with this DD do have low oxygen levels..

I am on 2 liters of 02 nasal cannula at night, and it does give me more energy, but I am not tolerating it well because it seems to make my sinuses worse, which the doc says she has never heard of..

Sorry, you have to suffer,
    greatgran
  10. jole

jole Member

Yes, exactly as you said. It's not as if there's a problem with the lungs or anything, just not the ENERGY needed to breathe. The exhaustion is just soooo great that I can't concentrate, talk, do or breathe. I just am. And barely that. People think I'm exagerating when I say my energy level is so low I can barely breathe, but I'm not. And deep breaths don't seem to help much. I do sigh a lot - know my body needs the extra oxygen that gets in, but it is not enough.

I can go to bed at night thinking about all the things I need to do, and yes, as you say WANT to do, and pray for enough strength to do it, but the next day is the same. My day is spent in bed except for a few hours, and during that time I am wandering through the house aimlessly, wanting to do something but unable to, then back to bed or the couch.

I do think the lack of oxygen leads to more exhaustion and fatigue, but I don't know how to stop it when the energy isn't there. I also noticed my pulse being slower and weaker at these times, which would make sense. Keep praying for a better day, I guess, 'cause like you, I know it has to be around the corner somewhere.
  11. tandy

tandy New Member

The added replys are so apreciated~

sending hugs to each of you :)
    Tandy