Total Fatigue and depression

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Barbie56, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Barbie56

Barbie56 New Member

Does anyone out there just feel like they are dying? The fatigue is so bad and the depression sets in and then I just want to cry and go to bed. Also the low grade fevers are just terrible and I can't even drink a cup of tea or coffee.Soon as I get it into my mouth I start sweating terrible. I feel as if I have not sleep in a year. I was trying to take vitamins and natural stuff, but it just is not working. I think I might need something for the depression and maybe a sleeping pill. Is everyone else on something ? I am having a hard time hanging in there... Please Help...Barb
  2. encantare

encantare New Member

I've been there! Many of us have.

Do you have a pain managment doctor? There are many, many things to help sleep. There is a thread on right now about Trazodone (which I'm taking, and having sucess with). It's used as both a sleep aid (in small doses) and an antidepressant (in larger doses). Something to look into for you.

Just hang in there, you'll find lots of support here.
    I'll light a candle for you.

I'm here if you need or want more info.
  3. blizzybear

blizzybear New Member

I have been there many times, i do take lunesta for sleep now, i do not take antidepressants because i felt more sick each time i tried some, their are many people who have had success with them, best thing is to discuss it with your doctor, i do take a lot of supplements that i found work, but my doctor helps me with this, i also do a gluten and sugar free diet, it has helped a lot, i feel keep trying new things, i have been sick going on 9 yrs now and i am finally having small improvements, but i had to figure out what worked for me.HANG IN THERE. the bad days do pass, and enjoy the better ones, make sure you have a doctor that you feel is working with you, it makes a big difference, i also go to healing therapist, she has helped with natural supplements, good luck, blizzy
  4. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Yes, I feel just like you do. I haven't had success with much of anything. Today I'm just so sick of this! I wish I could wave a magic wand and take away your pain and suffering.
    Love and Hugs...
    Mini
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

yes I have been there like many others here.
    The best advice I can give you is the following

Get a good Physical to rule out what they can
    Drink LOTS of Water
    Learn to rest I mean really rest ,sit in a room with soft music, learn to medatate
    research things here and find an interest to keep your mind on things but not over used.
    Be kind to yourself ,do something nice for you buy a special tea or bath soap. Treat yourself special
    If you want to lay down and nap, do it but, do not let yourself feel guilty about it.

Open shades and curtains everyday even if thats all you can do_Open at least One window for fresh air as the weather gets cooler.

Several months ago I could hardly get from my bed to the couch. I thought I was dieing also .Try to teach your self to think positive,try to remove everything that stresses you out of your life.

It takes time to find what works for you. I have not found a good aDr. to help me yet so I can not help you there.But do get a really good checkup and then go from there.

Give yourself time ,everyday is a new Day try to count your blessings

6. desertlass

desertlass New Member

When this illness hits hard, it really does feel like we're dying. It's not just you feeling sorry for yourself. I had a hard time finding an anti-depressant that worked because I had trouble tolerating the side-effects. I have discovered that any medication that is time-released works much better for me. I could not tolerate the lowest dose of Paxil, but was able to tolerate a higher dose of the Controlled Release Paxil (CR). I think the pharm. companies are starting to make more of them that way. I still get sad about my situation, but I don't have that clinical depression that was so bad in the beginning. I'm not sure I want to stay on it indefinitely, but for now, it helps me cope on the awful days, and be able to actually enjoy some of the bright spots. Anything that will help you with sleep is a huge priority. My psych. doc. said that in her experience people get major depression and suicidal when they aren't sleeping. "How is your sleep" was the first questions she always asked. I still have trouble with regular sleep, but even getting one decent night here and there can make a big difference in every way.

Many communities have volunteer programs that will drive you to a doctor-- not in a public van, but individuals with cars-- usually nice retired ladies who enjoy helping people. I have used such an organization. There are many churches who know what is available to the public either through private funding or governement. Don't be ashamed to call them and explain what is keeping you from being able to care for yourself in any way. This is NOT your fault! It's amazing how many people out there really want to help, and don't expect any payment in return. Please make it a priority to find these people.
    I hope this is a little bit of help. There is much more to be found. Keep looking!
    lb
  7. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

all i can say is just try to hang in there. we all get into these dark times when it seems like our lives are over. if you aren't seeing a psych dr please do, they can help a lot. i read your profile and it sounds like even though physically you feel awful right now, you have a great family who supports you and grandchildren to spoil. i think with this dd the mental part is at times worse then the physical.
    i hope this helps.
    rachel