Totally Sleepless

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hahnemann, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Hahnemann

Hahnemann New Member

...not sleeping at all despite massage, meditation, supplements...very delicate and cannot handle medicines...

Not one medicine works (wayyy too many side effects)...

any suggestions for herbals - reading bad things about st john's wort and as for 5htp...read both good bad (bad being people can't wean away) what's left then?

Anyone try anything natural for persistent fibro insomnia that worked AND that they were able to wean off without too many issues...

Is it better to take multiple low dosage herbals instead of say one big dose of a single remedy so as to not develop tolerance...

So sleepy...tired, body hurts, depressed...

Any suggestions...

Thank you so much
  2. Hahnemann

Hahnemann New Member

Thanks...I did avoid all drugs till very recently...have tried so much homoe...even the hyland's calm forte - does not work...
    Will try L-Theanine...How much GABA do you take? Does it help sleep? What about withdrawal when you stop?

I don't mind all the other symptoms but can't do with 0-3 hrs a night...

Ativan is a prescription med right? I have tried similar meds in the same category (so many) and they all make me very very sick and in some cases suicidal (even at the lowest doses)....
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

A couple of suggestions. Acupuncture works in some people for insomnia. Also, you might try visiting a homeopath and you would get a very specific remedy just for you.

Cheers
    Kathy
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

I get like this sometimes. I just finally get to the point where I am so run down that my body finally shuts down and goes to sleep. I take ambien with a fourth of a muscle relaxer. It helps tremendously, but sometimes it just does not work at all. Hope you get some sleep soon. Good Luck.

Kriket
  5. Hahnemann

Hahnemann New Member

....very very depressed...3rd night in a row...no sleep...I don't know if this is hypoglycemic insomnia or insomnia due to hypothyroid issues but whatever it is - is weird...

I get out of bed and I am yawning but in bed...despite meditation, can't sleep...and soo hot...

What is the pt of living like this...
  6. Hahnemann

Hahnemann New Member

...and when nothing worked (incl. constitutional remedy)...had to try other options like anti-d and ambien etc.

Even Passionflower, valerian, chamomille...nothing works...
  7. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I hadn't slept for over 4 years. My doctor put me on bio-identical hormones...you might check on that if you're a woman ....I swear it wasn't two days and I was only waking up once or twice to go potty. Before, I was wondering around the house all hours of the night. Got alot of reading done back then.
    Good Luck! Sleep helps all the other stuff too.
    Kayleen
  8. Hahnemann

Hahnemann New Member

Have you been taking the bio-identical hormones for a while Kayleen? Does one have to take them forever? My doc is talking about dessicated adrenals from pigs to balance my adrenals without which I won't sleep..

Yes, my mom was a homoe doc and I learned a lot from her - yes the reference is to Samuel Hahnemann since I have grown up on homeo.

I checked Dr Teitelbaum's formula - he has pretty much put all the herbs in there...all together...incl kava and 5htp etc. I read somewhere that one should not mix herbs since there is not enough research but will look into it for sure.

On my list is to find a good acupuncturist. I just got the delta wave music and will listen to it tonight.

I am trying to find someone who has used melatonin to get some guidance to go about it the right way from experience. I know everyone is different but I am reading conflicting stuff about melatonin.

I just need some energy to consider water exercises (i know it is a vicious cycle) and to think I used to be so active only a few weeks ago..

Thank you all for your compassion.
  9. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I have been on them for about 8 months. I was on regular HRT and it didn't do anything compared to the bio-identical. I get them from a compounding pharmacy in Ord, Nebraska. You do have to have a prescription from your doctor. Not all doctors believe in bio-identical..but thank the good Lord mine does and recommended them to me.

Good Luck. If you can find the key to sleep it will help you alot.

Kayleen