Totally Stressed Out!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Yesterday, the handle on my hatch back on my car broke.

I had a friend drive me to my eye dr. appt yesterday in my car and he parked too close to the cement parking stop and in pulling out he really messed up my front bumper on the drivers side--hopefully my husband can fix that.

We took my car to the dealership today to see about the handle on the hatchback. We had to leave it with them for a few hours. Just got the car back it is going to cost appx $500.00 just for the handle & the installation and they said there are no used handles available. The part is on order and will take about 2 weeks.

The dealership did a routine inspection and says the water pump needs to be replaced along with a bunch of other things.~~appx cost
    $ 5000.00. :(

Monday I am going to see if a different repair shop that I have taken my car to before can do the repairs for a cheaper price.

I just got my car paid off about 3 months ago and in its place I have gotten a bunch of medical bills.

Plus my eye doctor says I should have my cataracts removed as this should also help to lower the pressure in my eyes for the glaucoma I have. I really want to get this done while we still have health insurance.

Maybe we can get a loan from the credit union for part of this but I just don't know.

Thanks for listening--I tried to talk to some other friends about this but they just don't understand with these newer cars--{and we bought this car used.} you can not just run out to the local auto part store and get the part you need and put it on yourself. Believe me, we would do that if we could. GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2012]
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

It's always something......lately it's just hard to live.

My son was telling me last week that he can get almost new tires (if he's lucky) at a local auto salvage place. I asked how and he said if a car is totaled there's all these parts available. You might check into this.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I would stay away from the dealer - I think they are alway more expensive than other repair shops. And especially to say you need $5,000 in repairs when you brought it in to get the handle fixed is EXTREMELY suspicious. No way would I let the dealer touch my car. I would go somewhere else to get the handle replaced - I bet you can get it done cheaper, at a mechanic you trust, which can be hard to find, but worth their weight in gold when you find one! And have him check out all this other stuff the dealer says you need - no way would I take the dealer's word for it. It doesn't sound right at all.

My parents had cataracts and the I think the surgery is pretty simple, not that big a deal, definitely get it done while you have insurance, and also it's great it will help your glaucoma - you don't want to mess around with that.

Good luck with everything -