touchy subject and I'm sorry( lots of pain)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

But for the last 3 days I have been in soooooo much pain with my jaw and neck that I have been crying and begging for death, I honestly feel like I want to die so that I don't have to feel this pain especially on the sides of my jaw, I don't know what to do, nothing is working for pain,

when I close my teeth together my back teeth don't touch together at all and this makes me panic too, I honestly don't know how much more I can take of this, any help or suggestion would be great.

Love to all, Ann
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

This has happened to me off & on all my life. Does the jaw pain feel like cramps, or would be cramps if you closed them tight? Your teeth feel like you flossed them way overtime?
  3. tlayne

tlayne Member

That you are going thru this pain. Have you applied ice packs? You can also alternate between ice and heat. Please go see your dentist. It could be TMJ and it could also be infected teeth. Ibuprofen will reduce inflamation, but please take it with food. You have most likly tried all of this. I wish I had more for you. Hugs, Tam
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Hi mindbender, yes they feel like cramps but also it's like they feel very tired...like I have chewing all day long and the pain feels like it's going almost into my ear.

Tam,
    I have been told by my PCP that she is pretty sure I have TMJ but she also thinks I have Arthtitis in that area too,
    I have tried everything under the sun for this pain. I cannot not afford to go to the Dentist, we have no insurance.

thank you both for your reply. Love to you both, Ann

[This Message was Edited on 10/04/2006]
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Have you got any muscle relaxers? The jaw muscles need to loosen up. Massage might help or perhaps a chiropractor.
    Sometimes people need injections in the neck area to help the pain. Perhaps seeing your doctor might be a good idea too.

In the meantime, try ice and or heat whichever works the best and take your pain meds if you have them. Just a few ideas; I hope you find some relief.

Kathy
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Thanks so much for your reply, I will search around in my cabinet to see if I have any Muscles relaxers...I pray I do.
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ve had this and I use a warm moist wash cloth on my face and jaw, and take advil.
    and I massage right below my ear where it meets the jaw line. good luck sixtyslady
  8. mindbender

mindbender New Member

of course they all go away. That doesn't help much. When ever I bring up muscle cramps, no one seems to know or agree w/ me. I get cramps in every one of my muscles, within seconds if I don't shift them. Some times, like your jaw, they just show up out of no where and go away out of no where. Don't bother trying to trace them. There is no rhyme or reason. I don't think it's a dental problem. Pain meds also uneffective. Unfortunately you'll have to ride it out. I have Amitriptyline, generic for Elivil. I would probably try a low dose of that, if it were me. I have it for sleep, and it works great once you get used to it. It relaxes your muscles. I have a little bit of that pain your talking about, right now.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2006]
  9. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Heat and very gentle massage help me a little. Also muscle relaxers if you have them. Put wet wash clothes in the microwave to warm them. Seems like the moist heat helps more then dry heat. Very gentle massage under and in front of the ears.Sometimes even soaking the wet washcloth in epsom salts helps too. Just remember. It will get better. It ALWAYS does with this DD. Hugs...Mick!!
  10. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I have TMJ and my jaw pops and hurts and sometimes I have that pain go to my ear.

I have do candle waxing for my ear and my teeth are not aligned and my jaw pops alot

but to get rid of the pain in the jaw..I align my teeth where they sit prefestly onto of each other and bite down and then open my mouth up as wide as it can go...

I do that a couple times until the pain stops...

They are saying some of the drugs that pt take for osteoparosis has cause major deteration of the jaws...

do you take those kind of meds?

If it continues you might want to see a dentist...
    I hope this helps!

Praying for your pain to go away,
  11. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

What a terrible state of affairs. I know it's almost impssible to put the pain out of one's mind when it's a headache or jaw ache. I'm sorry you are experiencing this.

I used to have TMJ and lots of jaw pain. My Chiro. knew Myofascial Triggerpoint Therapy, and she actually cured me. You could try to find one that knows how to it. It involved no adjustments, but , rather, muscle manipulation.

Good luck,
    Terry
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am sooooooo sorry you are in pain. You really need to get a good doctor as soon as you can.

This is weird but I had so much trouble trying to breath at night but the denist never helped me .I had a bad cavity in a jaw tooth and it was cheeaper to put it then the root cannal so I had them put it. That was the BEST thing I ever did cause my teeth finely fit in my mouth.

It helped my headaches and jaw pain. The doctors never even advised this .ya would think they would have known it would be better but only by accident did I finely fix the problem. Maybe you need something like this to help. let us know what happens but get to a doctor first not the denist.They can help with your pain go while its bad so they see it .
  13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am sooooooo sorry you are in pain. You really need to get a good doctor as soon as you can.

This is weird but I had so much trouble trying to breath at night but the denist never helped me .I had a bad cavity in a jaw tooth and it was cheeaper to put it then the root cannal so I had them put it. That was the BEST thing I ever did cause my teeth finely fit in my mouth.

It helped my headaches and jaw pain. The doctors never even advised this .ya would think they would have known it would be better but only by accident did I finely fix the problem. Maybe you need something like this to help. let us know what happens but get to a doctor first not the denist.They can help with your pain go while its bad so they see it .
  14. crumpton

crumpton New Member

My pain was not quite so bad but my chiro helped me. She aligned my jaw and I don't know what else but she helped the pain from my TMJ Immensely.

I would try a chiro first and then a dentist.

I have been to a dentist before and he filed my teeth down to help with alignment and then fitted me with a mouth gaurd for at night so I don't grind my teeth. All of this did not help for long.

HEat helps my jaw pain too. I have also used that 024 Fibro spray on the areas that hurt and have some relief. Massgae of this area helps me too.

I hope all of our ideas will help but I would definitely see a DR. of your choice as soon as possible.

15. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

We all have discs in our jaws just like in any other joint. I have developed arthritis in these joints. It wouldn't hurt to go to your dentist and find out if you TMJ. They will give you a splint for this and it helps elevate the pain instantly. My daughter had this and developed terrible headaches from her jaw up the side of her head. The splint did the trick.

I hope you feel better.
  16. CATHYRG

CATHYRG New Member

hi, i too have been suffering from jaw pain that is actually TMJ, mine was caused from holding my jaw open to have a splint made due to rheumatoid arthritis/lupus. what iis happening is one HUGE muscle spasm. mine started friday and i still have some pain but nothing like friday. use ice for 20 minutes on then off i hour. ibuprofen for inflamation and pain,soft diet and do not chew anything. rest tonque behind top teeth to keep jaw as relaxed as possible. my chiropractor used ultrasound and acupuncher. i was pain free until i ate supper. i also used 5 mgm diazapan as a muscle relaxant 2xs aday for 4 days. today i will return for another treatment. the cost is 25.00 annnd believe me its worth iit.cathy